Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order transfer and Inspection Lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My scenario goes as follows:

Material code 1010553 with the Inspection Type is 01. This material code is assigned to 60526 sales order. I GRN 300 YD to Quality Inspection stock. Inspection lot has been created for this material. There's another batch of 200 YD Unrestricted stock for 1010553 for 60525 sales order.

My requirement:

I want to transfer 50 YD of stock from 60525 sales order (unrestricted stock) to 60526 Quality Inspection stock. Yhen an Inspection Lot should be created for that transferred qty.

Can anybody list out the steps that i need to carry out to full fill my requirement. Is there any User Exit or SAP Note available for this. Or can i do this in standard SAP. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

DTD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activate '08' inspection type for that material.

Do Stock Transfer from Sales Order(60525) Stock to another Sales Order(60526) Stock through MIGO with Movement Type 413 E.

Quantity would be posted to Quality Stock.

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kappettu,

I followed exactly like u said. for the existing material i added the inspection type 08 and then i did the transfer of stock. then when i go to the MMBE and check stock has been transferred. But new inspection lot has not been created. why is that?

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the Movement Type is de-activated for QM in SPRO.

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kappettu,

If it is deactivated how come when i go to the MMBE stock has been added? even when i did the transfer material document is also generated. do i need to add the both the inspection type 01 and 08 before GRN ?

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the material master in QM view for both inspection type i activated Preferred Inspection Type and Active tick both. Is that why the Inspection lot is not getting created?

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is a tick mark against the Movement Type Inspection Lot would not be generated and stock wouldn't be posted to Quality Stock.

Though Material Document would be generated and stocks would be updated.

No need to mark the Preferred Indicator for standard Inspection Types of different Inspection Lot Origins.

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is a tick mark against the Movement Type Inspection Lot would not be generated and stock wouldn't be posted to Quality Stock.

1. where is this tick your referring to?

2. Earlier when i was using a one inspection type (Type 01) i ticked both Preferred Inspection type and Active. then Inspection Lot got created without no problem. Is it happening only when we assign two inspection types?

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

The tick mark I mentioned is against the Movement Type in SPRO.

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a new material and did GRN for one sales order then moved it to the Unrestricted. Then for the same material different sales order i GRn stock to QI. and try to do the transfer by using MB1B. stock is getting updated. but inspection lot for the transfered qty is not getting created. In the material view i deactivated prefered inspection type for both inspection type. cant seem to find the problem.

Is it because of that movement type you mentioned? can u please give the path in the SPRO. I cant seem to find the tick your mentioning. ?

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assigned the Inspection type 01 and 08. Then did the grn to QI. I also deactivated the tick in movement type. Now by using when MB1B i transferred the unrestricted stock by using 413E from 60525 to 60526. After that when i go to the MMBE and check following i noticed.

1. 60525 Unrestricted stock has been transferred to 60526 sales order Unrestricted stock. Not to the Quality Inspection stock. why is this?

2. Inspection lot has not been created for the newly created stock?

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto SPRO - Quality Management - Quality Inspection - Insp. Lot Creation - Inspection for Goods Movements - Deactivate Quality Inspection for a Movement Type

Copy 311 E line and enter 413 and save.

311 E Goods movement w/o reference Normal receipt No consumption TF trfr within plant

This would make Stock Transfer Inspection active for the Movement type 413 'E'

Please check the Scenario after this setting and let me know.

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

Edited by: KAPPETTU RAGHAVENDRA NAYAK on Jul 29, 2009 8:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kappettu,

when i copied 351 and try to change movement type it give a message "Choose the key from the allowed namespace". I think that is because i;m trying to assign 413 movement to Stock Transport Order. What shall i do?

In the standard SAP isn't there a method to do my requirement?

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please copy 311 E movement type and ignore the message.

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kappettu,

Even if i ignore the message i save it once i come back it is not there. Even though the message gives it is not saving.

Isnt my requirement is a common scenario? I thought this is facilitated by SAP.

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked the same thing in my system wherein it actually saves the Configuration Setting. (Copying 31 E into 413 E)

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kappettu,

So does my requirement getting full filled when u do the testing?

Is inspection lot also getting created?

Regards,

DTD

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activate '08' inspection type for that material.

Do Stock Transfer from Sales Order(60525) Stock to another Sales Order(60526) Stock through MIGO with Movement Type 413 E.

Quantity would be posted to Quality Stock.

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak