BPS / BW authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the following scenario in SEM 3.50:

<u>BW</u>

Characteristic Company is authorization relevant

Activity is included in the authorization object

The test-user has reading rights for all companies, writing is restricted.

<u>BPS:</u>

Company is not included in the planning level

Company is derived using characteristic relations (Attribute)

Problem:

If Company is not included in the level, I have to set ':' within BW authorization object for company - else I will receive an auth. error.

If ':' is set writing is not restricted to specific companies.

Does anyone have a coule whats my problem?

Tanks in advance

Steffen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

my 2 cents

Since u don't have company code in ur level, company code needs all values.

To avoid this bring company code in the level, restrict it by variable of type user exit which gets the values based on the authorization of the user.

hope this helps.

-NS

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Nimmi suggested, you can bring the company code in your level, however in the layout, keep it as a header and then choose the option to hide the display.

This way you would be able to derive the authorized values as well as not show the values to the users.

Hope this approach would help.

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimmi, hi Sunil

as there will be multiple values for company in the selection I can't put it into the header.

To put in the columns will solve the problem - but I don't want to show it there.

The only workaround I know is to define company as the first column and save the layout with cursor position so that the colunm is not displayed when the layout is called or refreshed.

Thanks and regards

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

One other option is to make the Company Code as an authorization variable and have the user select which company code he wants to work on.

You can then have the Company code as part of the header and hide it.

This solution will work on the assumption that he is entering company code specific data which I assume is the case.

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

company code is already an authorizatin object.

But I cannot give the user the choice of seletion as the layout ist decidated to contain several lines with different company codes ...

I found a way to hide entire colunms of a layout in the web - this will solve the problem.

Thanks and best regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192142
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you need to store the actual value of Company or just display it for informational purposes in the layout? If it's just as an information you can change the following:

- Don't derive company code

- Change your layout

- Click on the tab: Lead column in step two

- Click on Attribute button

- Select Company code

- Save/run layout

Company code is only displayed in the layout and you don't have to worry about write access to data.

Hth.,

-Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

unfortunately I need to store it on the database. On the other hand, I don't want to include it in the level as I don't want to display it in the lines.

Thanks

Steffen