cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed.J2EE Engine cannot started

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have exported java AS from source system and imported into new system AS-JAVA by system copy successfully.When I start AS-JAVA.It starts Dispatcher and SDm without any problem but server0 stops after 4 retry.I have captured the error message in std_server0.out log. The error message is menntioned below.Please help to get the resolution.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Jul 27, 2009 10:13:06... com.sap.security.core.persistence [SAPEngine_Sys

tem_Thread[impl:5]_81] Fatal: Initialization of ABAP data source (com.sap.securi

ty.core.persistence.datasource.imp.R3Persistence) failed: "Password logon no lon

ger possible - too many failed attempts". This message is critical if it appears

during the startup of the AS Java.

Jul 27, 2009 10:13:06... ...re.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame [SAPEngine_Sys

tem_Thread[impl:5]_81] Fatal:

service com.sap.security.core.ume.service ================= ERROR ============

=====

Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be sta

rted.

com.sap.engine.frame.ServiceException: Start of UME service failed. Check help t

opic "Start of UME Service Failed". Technical details: Password logon no longer

possible - too many failed attempts

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMESer

viceFrame.java:398)

at com.sap.engine.frame.ApplicationFrameAdaptor.start(ApplicationFrameAd

aptor.java:31)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicati

onServiceFrame(ServiceRunner.java:214)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRun

ner.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The sapjsf is the user that communicate with java hence the abap user.I have changed the password of sapjsf in abap and set in the configtool.Before changing the password ,error was

Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be sta

rted.

now after it is

Core service security failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

Have I changed the password wrongly in the configtool?I think i changed correctly.

Regards

Amit

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you update the passowrd in configtool secure store..?? for SAPJSF?

administrator's (J2EE_ADMIN or J2EE_ADM_<SID> or.. ) password to be mentioend in "admin/password/<SID>" and restart cluster.

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All

I have followed your guidelines .I am getting a different error after changing the password of sapjsf into configtool.

Please look at the error and advise.

Jul 29, 2009 2:20:10 PM ...xt.<init>(UserContextSpi, Properties) [SAPEngine_System_Thread[

impl:5]_29] Fatal: Can not instantiate UserContext with given properties.

service security ================= ERROR =================

Core service security failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.SecurityServiceException: Unexpected exception:

at com.sap.engine.services.security.SecurityServerFrame.start(SecurityServerFrame.j

ava:183)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFr

ame(ServiceRunner.java:214)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:14

4)

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:83)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:156)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseSecurityException: No active use

rstore is set.

at com.sap.engine.services.security.server.UserStoreFactoryImpl.getActiveUserStore(

UserStoreFactoryImpl.java:80)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.server.jaas.LoginModuleHelperImpl.update(LoginM

oduleHelperImpl.java:405)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.server.jaas.LoginModuleHelperImpl.<init>(LoginM

oduleHelperImpl.java:84)

at com.sap.engine.services.security.server.SecurityContextImpl.<init>(SecurityConte

xtImpl.java:58)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

which system is UME (user management engine) of your AS Java system ?

Then check user which you are using to communicate to UME if it is locked or not ?

Thanks

sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Both

Thanks for your reply.

I am not clear about your replies.

My AS-JAVA is a separate instance with separate SID.How come ABAP users come into the picture?Where is this information required before integration between ABAP and JAVA.

I have copied AS-JAVA new instance from an existing AS-java instance which is also a separate instance with separate SID.

Can you please elaborate your response in a step by step mode in order for me to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Amit

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like one of the technical user is locked because of too many failed attempts. You should check the users in the ABAP backend using transaction SU01 and unlock them if they are locked. Here's a list of standard users you have to check : [Standard Users|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/9f/d770424edcc553e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm].

EDIT : you should check this topic (last post), it seems you need to unlock SAPJSF in the ABAP system : [J2EE server will not start |;.

Regards,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Please check the user SAPJSF and J2EE_ADMIN. If this user is locked, kindly unlock the same. Then proceed with maintaining correct passwords for both these users at both configtool level and SAP level (through SU01).

You have to reset the password on property ume.r3.connection.master.passwd to the SAPJSF password for the service com.sap.security.core.ume.service in configtool. To start the configtool, go to /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGSXX/j2ee/configtool (Replace the SID and Instance Number with the correct values).

Hopefully, this will resolve the issue.

Regards,

Deoraj Alok.