cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL syntex for XML queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using MII 12.1 and facing a problem with xml query url syntex.

suppose my project folder name is "X" and my tag query name is "Y"

so what is the syntex of url url in XML query for above query?

Edited by: Manoj Bilthare on Jul 28, 2009 11:39 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj,

Just try the below URL:

http://<server:port>/XMII/Illuminator?QueryTemplate=X/Y

&Content-Type=text/xml&IllumLoginName=XXX&IllumLoginPassword=XXX

Also go through the below thread:

-Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suresh,

It is Working fine thanks.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the context of your XMLQuery? Are you needing to run a query to MII or call an xml document in Rowsets/Rowset/Row format? Are you calling this from the scheduler or from an applet on a web page?

Using a fully qualified URL along with hard coded user credentials should only be used in certain situations because of the potential maintenance issues with servername and password changes that it will cause when promoting project content through the landscape (or deploying to a customer site).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jeremy,

I am using XMLQuery in a transaction in which URL is dyanamic i mean the query template is dyanamic.

It is workinking fine when i used

URL= "http://server:port/XMII/Illuminator?QueryTemplate=" & VarQueryTemplatePath & "&Content-Type=text/xml"

Where "VarQueryTemplatePath" is the string variable which contains query template path.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then why are you not just using the appropriate query action and just linking in the necessary QueryTemplate name?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jeremy,

Path: ActivePortal-->ActivePortalMonitor

Actually in active portal there is a transaction "ActivePortalMonitor" by which we can insert data for alert log and metrics.

So in Metrics there are some formula to calculate metrics which we defined in "metric editor".

I need to use "calculated columns" action block for these metric calculation and this action comes under "XML functions "

thats why i require XML Query in case of tag query.

It may be that i am not able to explain you clearly so for better understanding please refer

"ActivePortal-->ActivePortalMonitor.trx" in "active portal" project.

Answers (0)