cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Forms - Printing in mySAP ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All.

As far i Know, in the version ECC 5.0 some SmartsForns have been suffers a migrations to Interactive Forms. As far has i know in the release ECC 6.0 all the Smartforms and the old Sapscript will be convert to Interactive Forms. Is this Correct?

Where can i find information about this Topic (Use off Interactive Forms/Smartforms in ECC 6.0).

Is the Interactive Form the new methodo to Print? I think it will be, but a need a confirmation.

Best Regards

Thanks In advanced

Pedro Miguel Rodrigues

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

the few PDF-based forms shipped in mySAP ERP 2004 (ECC 5.0) are samples only for customers to familiarize themselves with the technology. As it states in SAP Note 735050, these are not for use in production.

In mySAP ERP 2005 (ECC 6.0), SAP ships about 900 PDF-based forms for printing. For existing forms, the Smart or SAPscript form is still shipped with ERP 2005, and it continues to be the default setting for this release. (If you wish to use the Interactive Forms technology, you need to specify this in the application customizing.) Some new forms are shipped based only on the Adobe technology.

The current plan is to ship only PDF-based forms with the next release of mySAP ERP.

While it is SAP's strategy to eventually only ship form templates in PDF, you will continue to be able to choose the forms technology you want to use as Smart Forms and SAPscript will continue to be supported. In mySAP ERP 2005, the performance of PDF-based forms shipped by SAP in some cases is not equal to the legacy solutions. Especially for very high-volume printing requirements, Smart Forms or SAPscript may still be a better choice, but it is not possible to make a general recommendation on this as it all depends on the complexity of the individual form and the number of print-outs.

It is important to note that to take advantage of all performance features in ERP 2005, you will need a double-stack installation (Java and ABAP on the same box).

Kind regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Answers (0)