Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC and ERP versions

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can somebody clarify the relationship and releases for ERP and ECC. It is slightly confusing like ERP2004 and ECC 4.6C. Also the concept of plug-ins.

Best regards!

Sandip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<removed_by_moderator>

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 31, 2009 9:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seeing the SAP logo next to your SDN user, I'm quite surprised that you have to ask this kind of question on the SDN forums.

Don't you get SAP training at SAP and don't you have a lot of experimented collegues to give you detailed information on SAP products ?

Regards,

Olivier

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for pointing out your doubt. SDN is a common forum to ask any relevent questions and not only esoteric questions on a perspective. And well on the logo, an expert in one topic is a novice in some topic. For example maybe parameters of an interest rate swap is simple for me but not for all. So i have to put the question in the relevent forum. Yes, we can always ask colleagues internally, but having a global answer on the history of this version evolution is good. Also i would request you to not discourage people from asking questions, as silly for one may be information for one, and adhere to proffessional etiquettes mentioned in rules of agreement.

- Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

Could you tell me how I did not "adhere to proffessional etiquettes mentioned in rules of agreement" ?

Here is a quote from the rules of engagement :

>"* The most important rule... be sure to search before posting. You can use either SDN's basic search or advanced search, or >an internet search engine such as Google. As an example, questions such as "What is the difference between NW and ECC" >have been asked many times before and will most likely be ignored by the community.

Regards,

Olivier

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well,

The question is link between ERP versions and ECC versions and also the plugin information. Still the plugin information is not answered. Netweaver WebAS info was not asked for. It was required to solve the thread

"

Also it was not ignored by the community :). For etiquettes check impersonation while reporting abuse. Also i would prefer the moderators questioning me for the post, if i violate any conduct. Kindly refrain from further discussions on this topic.

- Sandip

Edited by: Sandip Roy on Jul 28, 2009 1:34 PM

Edited by: Sandip Roy on Jul 28, 2009 1:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

> It was required to solve the thread "

Perhaps you could mention that in future when wandering over into the "basis" area, then the context and also your background from ERP Financials and Treasury would have been clearer.

Personally I also find the release versions used by SAP rather confusing. I get the impression that folks also seem to use different naming conventions for the same thing and the same name for different things sometimes.

For example someone was telling me recently that a 7.02 system is actually a 7.00 basis release with EhP 4 installed and therefore can run on a 7.20 kernel.

So, that should clear the issue now...

Cheers,

Julius

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Julius :). I shall take that as a learning before wandering in "basis" arena.

Regards!

Sandip

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The ERP releases,

R/3 4.6C

R/3 Enterprise 4.7 Based on WAS620

ERP2004 = ECC 5.0 (WAS 640)

ERP2005 = ECC 6.0 / also referred as ERP 6.0 (based on WAS 700/ now referred as Netweaver 7)

Regards,

Debasis.