cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High paging out on windows 2003 server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I was just browing the earlywatch report of our SRM system,it is on Wnodws 2003 server

In the hardware capacity,there is a yellow symbol for pagin out of windows 2003 server,it says:

The server showed high paging out rates though enough memory was available

The server's memory is 12 Gb and the maximum paging out rate reached as high as 6217 per second even there is enough memory available

SAP has recommended us the note 1009297 which talks of a fix which has been provided by Microsoft.

Have any of you has faced this sort of issue?if yes what do you recommend for solving the issue?

I dont want to to go my hardware team directly and ask them to apply this fix,need to first understand this and look if there are any other possible solutions for this

your suggestions will be welcomed

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit

What SAP has suggested is correct. Before applying that fix you can have a look at 88416 ( already mentioned).

In our project,all the servers had the same problem ( both X86 and IA64). We have applied the patch and now paging reduced significantly and SRM reports show green status for all those servers.

Why do you need to go to Hardware team? It's a job of OS team, just applying 1 or 2 patches and then reboot the system.

You have SRM reports,so I assumed that your servers are maintained by Wintel team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Microsoft fix for high paging is well known.

Our policy is to install it on systems whith high paging AND performance problems.

We have systems with relativeley high paging and good performance where we don't apply the Microsoft fix.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

See Note 88416 :This Zero Memory Administration but migh be useful in ur case.

How much value assigned of PHYS_MEMSIZE.