cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC IN MTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can I know any possibility of implementing Varinat configuration with Make to Stock Scenario

Please let me know the configuration for MTS scenario.

thank you

regards

Arun Prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Varun.

Just think in case of MTS stocks are already maintained right? For example : A cycle Tire, If you want to sale a single tyre which is MTS then you dont need any Variant configuration. But yes there may be product differentian like Cotton tire or Nylon tire, but these are also MTS.

As per me i dont think VC is required for MTS products.

Please let us know if you have some specific requirement.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Understood. But it varies depending upon the industry. Take In case on IT hardware industry. A computer may be avilable in ten different configuration which are in stock. When customer asks for specific configuration of computer you need to supply the computer in stock

I think MTS is possible using VC but I don't know the configuration for the same. Kindly help

regards

Arun Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

In that case Yes, The scenario will be accomplished with Lower Level BOM. This is an example of Assembling. And in this case also VC will be same as per others.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

We can use MTS in VC using Material Variants (MV's). A material variant is a material that can be kept in stock and that arises from an individual configuration of a configurable product. In the Material Master we assign the Configurable material in Basic data 2 and MRP 3 views with Item Grp Category NORM in Sales View. This linkage control the Configuration of MV and useful for Production Control

During SO configuration customer chooses a Char combination and if this char combination matches with the char combination of MV which is available in Stock then (By the Process of Type Matching) then the Configurable item will be replaced by the MV

We can Plan and Manufacture and keep the Stock for MV's using MTS before a sales order to reduce the delivery time

Pl refer the link for more on Material Variants

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_utilities472/helpdata/en/92/58c907417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/content.htm

Regards

Brahmaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Thanks for all your support. Got the answer. Please find below explaniation which I found after analysis

Within SAP ERP it is not possible to change Material configuration if you make to stock. Only within the DIMP-ADD-On it is possible. But with some restrictions. The system allows configurable make-to-stock production for materials managed in batches only if APO integration is active.This restriction is provided because APO integration is required for characteristics-dependent planning to function correctly. The R/3 MRP does not control characteristics-dependent planning. Requirements and receipts are offset against each other regardless of characteristic value assignment. There exist no plan to change this behaviour in thefuture. (Answer from the Solution Management of IBU Mill Products) The relevant check is in Function Module CO_OCC_CMTS_ALLOWED_CHECK If you change the coding it is posssible to have the behviour like MTS. This is a possible way but the user must work very carefully with this possibilities. There gives critical and some uncritical

characteristics in a configuration with concerning the production. If you can ensure that only uncritical characteristic will changed in the production order the modification will work fine.

Modification code:

IF l_xchpf IS INITIAL OR

l_apokz <> '3'.

• APO-relevancy and obligatory batch management are

• necessary preconditions for a make-to-stock order

• for a configureable material

EXIT.

ENDIF.

If you comment "l_apokz <> '3'." you allows make-to-stock production

RESULT : We to modify the program to enable MTs in VC scenario. The modification and fuctional module is given above

Edited by: arun prasad on Jul 30, 2009 6:14 AM

Answers (0)