SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-Retail: Site Creation Best Practice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

I have 3 basic questions on this topic:

1. In IS-Retail is a Site considered 'config' or 'master data'?

2. Do all sites need to exist in the golden config client, or is it sufficient to have only the DCs (and not the Stores) in it?

3. After go-live, is it ok to create new stores directly in production? (I hope the answer to this q is yes!)

Thanks,

Anisha.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paul_gendreau
Contributor

1 - A Retail Site should be treated as customizing (configuration). Because it is customizing!

2 - All Sites should be maintained the customizing golden client (because of # 1).

3 - It is not recommended to create new stores directly in production.(because of # 1).

Please read Site Master Distribution is Best Practice in S/4HANA.

This advice, based on technical reasons offered, was true and correct in ECC 6.0, and it remains true in S/4HANA.

Also recommend to review Site Master Data Migration: What, When, and How To

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my answers for your qestions as follows

1) In IS Retail Site is a master data, but to create Site/DC/stores need to do some config in SPRO, Like...

Number ranges for Sites, Account groups, create DC and site profiles and assign account groups to them.

then you Create DC or site using WB01, now site master data will consider.

2) yes you should have all Sites in golden client ( i am not clear this questn)

3) After golive better need to create new stores on devleopment in then export (using WBTI/WBTE) to prodcution, in case any future changes requires to do something on stores like assign/delete merch category etc... you can do its easliy to aviod data mismatch in the production.

regards

satish

paul_gendreau
Contributor

1 - A Retail Site should be treated as customizing (configuration). Because it is customizing!

2 - All Sites should be maintained the customizing golden client (because of # 1).

3 - It is not recommended to create new stores directly in production.(because of # 1).

Please read Site Master Distribution is Best Practice in S/4HANA.

This advice, based on technical reasons offered, was true and correct in ECC 6.0, and it remains true in S/4HANA.

Also recommend to review Site Master Data Migration: What, When, and How To