Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap migration between 2 servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i know that this is not a question for this forum, but i was lost, looking for my answer in the list of forums which SDN provides now.

the situation is, my client has purchased a company and both my client and the new company have SAP 4.6c software. Client wants to merge these company's IT and want to have single master data with single balance sheet etc..

Can anyone tell me, how merging of two sap software done (client doesn't want to use ALE), or atleast any link, where i can look for the solutions for this kind of situation.

any suggestions would be helpful

cheers

ajay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's a big SAP project, not juste a little question. You have to make choice about the customizing.

For example, your balance could be possible only if you have the same acount, ...

And for your master data, if the material number have an edit mask when you create it ... how to merge it ...

You have a lot of work.

Good luck.

Frederic

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

a useful link could be Service.sap.com/slo

( System Landscape Optimization Services ).

In every case, it's a bigger project, because even if the systems are on the same release, the whole customizing has to be unified - and a data transfer has to be done according to that ( in parts new ) customizing.

Regards Wolfgang

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's a big SAP project, not juste a little question. You have to make choice about the customizing.

For example, your balance could be possible only if you have the same acount, ...

And for your master data, if the material number have an edit mask when you create it ... how to merge it ...

You have a lot of work.

Good luck.

Frederic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Few things i would like to Add.

Business wise: Questions

>> Is your company looking for migration or consolidation.

- Migration is to move everything as it is and have one system

- Consolidate is to merge the business process and align the business process of both the companies into 1 common process.

>> The approach is different for both the options mentioned above.

In Both the options Steps which are common are

>> Migration of MASTER DATA and TRANSACTION DATA

>> Migration of all Customizing settings

>> Migration of all the Custom development objects.

>> Adjustements of common objects SAP std objects. For example system A might have implemented a user exit. System B might also have implemented the same userexit. So analysis have to be made to see how best the logic could be merged.

>> Testing of business processess

>> Migration of User/User profile/User authorizations

The List goes on and on......

Typically such projects takes about 10 months to 18 months depending upon the complexcity of both the business.

Hope the info is useful.

Cheers

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

My guess is, your problem is related to SAP Master Data Management. you can post your topic there. and also the following may be a useful link for you.

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/mdm