cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc to File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am doing Idoc to file scenario, first we thought to send flat file to the customer, but now they want it in ascii file format

How do i achive this in PI from IDOC to ASCII format

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JaganMohan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Narahari,

You can go with file content conversion (using fieldSeparator, endSeparator parameters) in receiver file/ftp adapter.

Regards,

JP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Please take help from the below blog and use the module mentioned in it.

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/02/02/remove-namespace-prefix-or-change-xml-encoding-with-the-xmlanonymizerbean

Thanks

Aamir

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I was going to through the step by step guide written by Sachin Dhingra and here i am facing some issues like below

In message mapping step he wrote like below.

u2022* Map the Begin and Segment attributes and element like E1LFA1M with some constant value (as these are marked red and are required field )*

u2022 Here I disabled the fields which are not required. You must disable the sub segments and segments which are not required, Disable the control record EDI_DC40 and other segments as follow:

Here i am understanding this (ie Map the Begin and Segment attributes and element like E1LFA1M with some constant value (as these are marked red and are required field ) which he is asking to put some constant values for the given fields in the point one. so i request you to please check and suggest me on this. I

And for this (ie Here I disabled the fields which are not required. You must disable the sub segments and segments which are not required, Disable the control record EDI_DC40 and other segments as follow:) i have disabled the control record EDI_DC40.

And more thing is he developed his scenario by developing the integration scenario in IR and he imported that in ID. so here my question is , is it mandatory to like this or can i do in the normal way like developing the BS,CC in ID and proceed further. please clarify me on the same.

Thanks in advance.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here i am understanding this (ie Map the Begin and Segment attributes and element like E1LFA1M with some constant value (as these are marked red and are required field ) which he is asking to put some constant values for the given fields in the point one. so i request you to please check and suggest me on this.

Yes you need to put the constant values for the mandatory fields .... which will be shown in red color

And for this (ie Here I disabled the fields which are not required. You must disable the sub segments and segments which are not required, Disable the control record EDI_DC40 and other segments as follow:) i have disabled the control record EDI_DC40.

if you disable this segment then make sure that you set the proper logical system names to the business systems which is used at runtime for routing the idoc..otherwise you will end up with an error No service is defined/exists in the integration directory while sending idoc in SM58 tcode

And more thing is he developed his scenario by developing the integration scenario in IR and he imported that in ID. so here my question is , is it mandatory to like this or can i do in the normal way like developing the BS,CC in ID and proceed further. please clarify me on the same.

Its not mandatory to use like that ...

HTH

Rajesh

Edited by: Rajesh on Oct 10, 2009 9:56 PM

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

Go thru the below thread - SAP note

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member