cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error for COM routine using application program (return code 40,020)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing one issue while transferring the data from one version to another version (different planning area) using transaction /n/sapapo/tscopy we are getting the error

"Error for COM routine using application program (return code 40,020)"

It was running properly over the years.I did consistency check for planning area also for Time series and it was green.

This is the detail diplay of error

Error for COM routine using application program (return code 40,020)

Message no. /SAPAPO/OM102

Diagnosis

An application program has called a COM routine. During the process, an error occurred.

Procedure

Contact your system administration.

Procedure for System Administration

Contact SAP Service. Specify the application component in which this message occurred.

You should also specify:

Message number /SAPAPO/OM102

Return code 40,020

Error code

Please help in solving this

Regards

Raghavendra Pai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra Pai,

Your error shows that there is inconsistency in versions.

1) Perform /SAPAPO/CONSCHK - Model Consistency Check

2) If required carryout livecache cons check

3) Also look into the notes 1250825, 570615.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Raghu,

Adding to the replies, you need to make sure few more things while you are doing consistency check,

1. Please run both of the consistney checks, re-organisation ( second one ) will helps to clear the superflous objects in live cache. run in the same sequence.

/SAPAPO/TSCONS - Consistency Check for Time Series Network

/SAPAPO/TSLCREORG - Check LiveCache Time Series Data

2. while you run the TSCONS, if you wont find any errors with the active verision, please run the same for all the versions. please do not give version number while running the check, then it will run for all the versions avaialble for the planning area. this is really makes sense and i have solved the issues many times.

3. have made any changes to planning area recently, like changing the calenders or like? please make sure fiscal calenser changes should not be doen while the planning area is active.

Hope this infromation will helps you

Yarala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just another apporach- TScopy did not work well for me when I tried to copy versions. Try using the program: /SAPAPO/VERSION_COPY_PAR.