cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM forms: Inserting Infotype 0 (Actions)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1) I am trying to create an HCM form scenario where action and reason are entered on the screen (along with start and end dates). Using this I want to create Infotype 0 (Actions). But I get a dump as indicated below:

The following error text was processed in the system ECD : Invalid parameter EXCEPTION , value

The error occurred on the application server xxxx_00 and in the work process 1 .

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

The ABAP call stack was:

Method: RESOLVE of program CL_HRPA_RESOLVE_EXCEPTION=====CP

Method: IF_HRASR00_PAITF_ADAPTER~DO_OPERATIONS of program CL_HRASR00_PAITF_ADAPTER======CP

Method: IF_HRASR00_MAPPER~DO_OPERATIONS of program CL_HRASR00_PAITF_MAPPER=======CP

Method: FSCN_DO_OPERATION of program CL_HRASR00_DISPATCHER=========CP

Method: PROCESS_DATA_CONTAINER of program CL_HRASR00_DISPATCHER=========CP

Method: DO_OPERATION of program CL_HRASR00_DISPATCHER=========CP

Method: IF_HRASR00_DISPATCHER~CHECK of program CL_HRASR00_DISPATCHER=========CP

Method: IF_EX_QISR1~SCENARIO_PROCESS_USER_COMMAND of program CL_IM_HRASR00ISR==============CP

Method: IF_EX_QISR1~SCENARIO_PROCESS_USER_COMMAND of program CL_EX_QISR1===================CP

Method: PROCESS_USER_COMMAND of program SAPLQISR9

Is it possible to create Infotype 0000 using HCM process and forms? If so can you please guide me as to what i am doing wrong. I have MASSN, MASG, EFFECTIVE_DATE, END_DATE, PERNR, CENTRAL_PERSON in my form scenario.

2) I want to create a process without start object. Is it sufficient if I click the "No start object" option in config or do I need to take care of anything else? I was wondering how the PERNR is generated and also if we have control to create Infotype 0 here too.

Please advise. Thanks.

Regards,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great. Thanks Solomon. Point 1 resolved. You are good!

Point 2 - Let me rephrase the sentence. Yes I am trying to do a hire process. I realize that we need to create the config indicating that there is no start object for this process. Anything else needs to be done to generate (create) an employee number?

I was confused as I saw in the SAP provided form ISR_HRASR_SHU1 that is related to the process SHU1 there was a field personnel number and a button called initialize (the script indicates that it calls a BADI? Is this the QISR1 badi?). When I click the button I get a dump so I am not able to verify what BADI gets called and what is the purpose of that button (I thought Initialize button generates a new PERNR in the system).

Kindly let me know what all special things needs to be done for a "hire" kind of process and what is that BADI all about.

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Regards,

Sachin

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hate to say but laying out a "new hire" process in a forum thread is really not possible.

First off, it depends COMPLETELY on your business process for doing this. Then you can plan your HCM P&F config accordingly.

It also depends on your EhP version.....if EhP4, you get some nice Org Mgmt services.

"New Hire" can be one of the more complicated processes to do, so good luck there!

If doing this on your own or for some internal proof of concpet, a termination/separation process is MUCH easier to get going.

p..s. Almost forgot...thanks for the compliment!

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

#1 - You never have to directly create the IT0000 record. SAP_PA takes care of that as long as you have at least ONE other infotype operation configured. That's why MASSN, MASSG, PERNR and EFFECTIVE_DATE are "special fields" of SAP_PA. You should almost never have in your operations config for SAP_PA a "create" on IT0000.

#2 - Not sure what you are asking.What do you mean "pernr generated"? By selecting that you are not using a start object (ie. employee), you aren't using a PERNR. Is this a new hire process you are trying to do? If so, look the sample process for some guidance. (it's far from great but will help)