cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortfall of 181 days against remaining shelf life in current item(18Month)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When performing a GR for PO, where purchase info record was maintained with minimum remaining shelf life of 18 M. On performing the GR, system throws up an error message 'Shortfall of 181 days against remaining shelf life in current item(18Month)', when the production date was entered 07/27/2009. What does this error message mean and how is the 181 days calculated ?

Regards,

PSS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

>When performing a GR for PO, where purchase info record was maintained with minimum remaining shelf life of 18 M. On performing the GR, system throws up an error message 'Shortfall of 181 days against remaining shelf life in current item(18Month)', when the production date was entered 07/27/2009. What does this error message mean and how is the 181 days calculated ?

First understand concept of minimum remaining shelf life.

Minimum shelf life does not has direct relation with info record. It comes from/ system calculate it based on Material master --> Plant data/ storage 1 --> Field name: "Minimum rem. shelf life". It shows - Minimum amount of time for which the material must keep upon GR for the goods receipt to be accepted by the system.

In Material master --> Plant data/ store 1 --> Field name: "Total shelf life". It shows - "Period for which the material will keep in total, that is, from the date of production to the shelf life expiration date"

Now at the time of GRN once you enter Date of manufacture then base on material master --> total shelf life system will calculate "SLED/ BBD".

Based on this calculation system through this message of "shortfall of 181 days".

If you still have confusion please let me know what you have entre in material master --> for minimum rem. shelf life & total shelf life. So I can reply you with exact calculation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Min. Remaining shelf life is 18 Months & Total shelf life is 24 Months (Date of production in the PO was entered as 07/27/2009)

Regards,

PSS

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Min. Remaining shelf life is 18 Months & Total shelf life is 24 Months (Date of production in the PO was entered as 07/27/2009)

Check one more time in PO, what date you have entered as date of production?

Might be in PO, you have entered production date as "07/27/2008". If you enter 07/27/2008 then only you will get message of - "short fall of 181 days".

If you enter production date as "07/27/2009 then you will not get error message. I have tested this in my system.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Production date is 07/27/2009... how is the 181 days calculated ?

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If we enter production date is 07/27/2008 then as per material master- total shelf life,

system calculate expiration date as 07/27/2010. B'se total shelf life is 24 month from production date.

So as of 07/27/2009, material rem. shelf life is 12 month, but as per material master -

min. rem. shelf life, it should be 18 month.

Based on all this calculation if you enter production date as 07/27/2008 then only you will get

error message-f "shortfall of 181 days".

But here as per you you are entering production date 07/27/2009, & still you getting this message.

Now Q open for me also.

Answers (0)