cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Country specific checks, need standard settings information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to work on setting up vendors in SAP with international bank information for payments by wires. I am having trouble with the information that is provided to coordinate with how SAP is set up. I have banking information from different countries, however when i try to enter in the data, i keep getting error messages like bank key needs to be numberic. I looked at the country specific checks, and i keep going on line and everyone tells me not to really change the settings that SAP has provided. I need help, specifically right now i have a switzlerland bank, with a BIC that is both Alpha and numeric, however when i put that info in the bank key, SAP states it can only be numeric. Now i know i can change the settings, but again like i said, i have seen other sites tell people not to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS, for the CH - swizterland bank, i went on their site and their BIC number is both numberic and alpha, so i guess i ask the next question, is that BIC information really needed to be put in the Bank key field?

Thanks,

Sean

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Per following SAP Note, country specific checks for Switzerland should be as under:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/174995

Value in field 'Bank Key' - 4 (Assign externally)

Value in 'Length of Bank Key - Length' - 9

Value in 'Length of Bank Key - Checking rule' - 2 (that means bank key has to be numerical)

I think BIC number should go into field BICKY in table BNKA and not into BANKL (bank key) field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srikanth Tamma thank you for the response.

BICKY field is not an available field to input data in. I guess i am trying to figure out what information they are supplying us to put into the vendor master. They are suppling us what looks to be a bank key, and they are stating it as a bank key, but i found it to be the BIC. Ex is UBSWCHZH80A The bank is UBS AG, so i am lost on what to really consider then to be the bank key for these accounts, if they are to be numeric only.

I guess if anyone knows where there might be a listing of what all the country specific checks should be in SAP, that would really help me to see if i need to change them or need to go back to the vendor adn ask for additional information. I have google'd any way possible to get this info but can't seem to pinpoint one part of information that will lead me to what i need.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess also i just need a little help in understanding the fields in SAP for the banking. I know there is a bank key that you must fill in to get a bank created in SAP. Now the banks we are creating are international banks, and for a US bank, the bank key is the ABA/ROUTING. So if the bank key is really the routing number, and international banks use Swift, i would normally say i can then put the swift code in there to suffice. However, example i have is Switzerland, the swift is both Alpha characters and numeric, where the courtry specific checks in SAP state CH - Switzerland is to be numeric. So i guess one of my questions is, would the bank key on international banks not be the swift, and if not, then can i get the bank key off of the IBAN number? switzerland's iban number is CHKK BBBB BCCC CCCC CCCC C Where CH is the country, K= the country code, B = bank code, and C = Account No.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I've been having similar issues with Bank Key. For country BE, the config is set to assign the number externally. For most other countries, the IBAN will generate the Bank Key since it is set to be equal to the Bank Number. Can't seem to figure out why Belgium isn't.