Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Country specific checks, need standard settings information

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to work on setting up vendors in SAP with international bank information for payments by wires. I am having trouble with the information that is provided to coordinate with how SAP is set up. I have banking information from different countries, however when i try to enter in the data, i keep getting error messages like bank key needs to be numberic. I looked at the country specific checks, and i keep going on line and everyone tells me not to really change the settings that SAP has provided. I need help, specifically right now i have a switzlerland bank, with a BIC that is both Alpha and numeric, however when i put that info in the bank key, SAP states it can only be numeric. Now i know i can change the settings, but again like i said, i have seen other sites tell people not to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS, for the CH - swizterland bank, i went on their site and their BIC number is both numberic and alpha, so i guess i ask the next question, is that BIC information really needed to be put in the Bank key field?

Thanks,

Sean

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question