Did you mean: 

Give a file with the SOAP response

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts!

I'd like to ask you about the next situation on our PI 7.0:

I have to make a scenario like this: SOAP -> XI -> RFC

After a validation on the ECC side, in the the response.. I have to pick up a File (that come as the request from the webservice with his directory) and give it back to the Web Service.

At the start I thought to do it with a BPM.. but the the issue is that the FileName and Direcory will be dynamic (the WS is going to request different files from diff. directories) and also, the WS response need the file, for example, lile a byte array.

Is it possible?

Please if it isn't fully explained tell me.

Thanks,

Juan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanx Hemant,

I'll try something like that

hemant_chahal
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Juan,

Response can be anything depending on what RFC gives back to the Call, provided you have coded your RFC accordingly.

Sender SOAP channel would be in Sync Mode and Reciver RFC channel would be also Sync. So Code the Function Module in the ECC backend to provide the TXT in the Response. The XML would have just one field having value as whole Text. After getting in the External WS client as response you can extract the file contents. If you need the file name as well then you need to maintain one more parameter in the RFC Response for that.

Cheers,

Hemant Chahal

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again folks,

Does anyone have idea about this ?

Regards,

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

I've seen in here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cd/5af7c0c994e24fb0d0088443513de2/content.htm

that:

SOAP Adapter

● In the sender adapter, you cannot add your own modules.

Is this a constraints for what I posted above?

Regards,

Juan