cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Code Group code as selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we develop Code Groups and Codes, after a period of time the Code is no longer to be used. I understand that it can not be deleted as it has usage, but why can't one flag similar to the Code Group itself so it will not be visible for selection. Right now we change description to DO NOT USE, but users still select code.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are correct, we can't delete code group b'se "Group code is assigned to a selected set. "

But if you don't want to use same code group in future then just select status "1 - Being created" or "3 - Can no longer be used".

If you assign this status to code group then system will not allow you to marry same code group to selected set.

I hope u understand.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

My concern is not with the CODE GROUP but the Sub codes within the group. I believe that they should have the same control that the CODE GROUP has, meaning that you can inactivate a sub-code it by setting a status. Summary, how do you HIDE a used sub-code that you no longer want a user to see or select.

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think we can hide used catalog code from system if we don't want to use it in future.

My suggestion for this,

This is very sensitive/ config data.. so restrict authorization..allow only 1/2 person for this authorization...we are not going to add/ change on daily activity.....train properly to person, who is going to add/ change this data......

Thanks!!!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apparently SAP does not carry through the status logic from a CODE GROUP down to the individual SUB-CODES within Code Group.

Still need a way to HIDE a discontinued sub-code so that it is not a selectible code.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Instead of releae the Code group put status: 3.Can no Longer be Used.

This will not be visble any whare except in QS41/42/43

For the codes in side code : You can not set flag to them.So you have to delete them or keep as it is.

Unfortunetly This is only way....

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to delete the catalog codes inside the group.

For that, first you have to define your own catlog type (as SAP recommends not to change the settings for the SAP defined catalog types).

Procedure:

- Define catalog type say 'Z'

- In config set the check box Deactivate. (Read F1 help on this checkbox)

- Now define the codes for this type in QS41.

- Use the code somewhere (e.g. Notification)

- If u check QS41 again, it will have usage indicator.

- But you can delete the entry ignoring the warning message.

Let me know if this fulfills the reqmnt.

regards