Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging two warehouses into One warehouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

We are in the process of merging two warehouses into one

Example - Merging warehouse CAL to MON...

So during cutover we want to change all the Inbound Deliveries which is pointed to old warehouse (CAL) has to be changed to the new warehouse Mon...We need to change the Warehouse number (CAL) at the header level to MON and also the Item catogory also need to be changed inorder to accomodate the RF Functionality..

Can anyone tell me how we can change these two things at the Inbound Delivery Document...

1. Warehouse Number

2. Item Category at the Item Level

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

My views are as follows.

1.Inbound deliveries are created when you expect goods receipt. Is it possible you to complete all these inbound deliveries by doing goods receipt of the requested qty? Please check. Before merging into new warehouse close all these inbound deliveries.

I am doubtful whether you can migrate inbound deliveries from one warehouse to new warehouse in mass. We can change warehouse in one or two inbound deliveries.

2.Regarding your second point of item category, why does you want to change item category? How it is related to RF fucntionality? I understand you are going to do good receipts of procurable item against inbound delivery which will be possible in new warehouse also.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TK,

My question is whether we can change the Item category and warehouse number in the existing Inbound Delivery with any update program or through any BAPI...

About Item Category and RF it depends on the Process how you use it and what you use...We did a Custom Transaction and use user exits too to do some Item category Determination for Warehouse Managed and Non warehouse Managed Plants....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not sure.

I hope you can change delivery item category.. and warehouse will be picked via Sloc.

But i could not identified suitable exit for you. Please check with your tech consultant.. un less until we test the functional module we can not say which is useful.

tkreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are 2 options you have.

Option 1:

Leave the Warehouse number as it is in your delivery document, but change the assignment of your old warehouse to the new storage location. By doing this, your old warehouse comes under new (another required) storage location. At some point of time you stop to create any documents with ref. to your old WH no. Then your new WH no. will be active there after.

Option 2:

You can't change the org.elements in your delivery document. Yo have to re-create new delivery documents with ref. to your new WH number.

Item category, i am not sure. What i think, it is not possible to change any mass transaction.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Item Category which i am mentioning has to do with the RF Functionality and we will be using the RF Transaction to receive the Inbound Delivery...

Inorder to accomdate that we have to create the Putaway TO before we do the post goods Receipt in the Inbound delivery we control that using the Item Category....

So any warehouse which is using the RF Functionality will be using this item category so now we need to change the open inbound deliveries which has a different item category to this item category which supports the RF Funtionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You raised two points for your warehouse merging 1) is item category 2) RF inbound

1) I hope there is no way item category is linked to warehouse pointing. The item category for inbound "(ELN") will have control for pick requirement/determine Sloc etc.. so from that only it finds which warehouse it should go.

2) RF inbound: I hope there is know difference if you use RF or standard Tcode. RF will call the same functionality of putaway once you login with user name and warehouse. In my project we use RFguns for our inbound process.

So it's all about your changing the link Sloc to appropriate Warehouse.

thanks...

tkreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

We will be moving all the stocks to the new warehouse MON...Then we will removing the link from the CAL warehouse with storage location and link that storage location to Mon...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all Warehouse is linked to Storage location. You can have multiple storage locations linked to one warehouse.

You said merging two warehouses. you said merging CAL to MON in the inbound delivery.

Tell me ....What is the storage location of CAL and what is storage location of MON. you need to remove the CAL warehouse and maintain the MON for the storage location. This change is OK when you are doing with out inventory. I hope you can not do it in the inbound delivery change based on the item category.

thanks.

tkreddy