cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Idocxml to Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There is a new requirement in to do some changes in the idoc and that idoc flat file should be saved in a file through XI.

So i can use Sender channal with Idoc adapter and do mapping convert it in to another Idoc-xml. But here i want this Idoc-xml to convert back to idoc and save in a file.

Can anyone help me how to achieve this ?

Laks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The method explained above uses abap mapping to convert Idoc xml to flat file. Now if you want to add your own mapping logic, then either you may add your own abap mapping code to it or place message mapping before this mapping in Interface mapping and use the same Idoc structure on both the sides of this message mapping. Perform the required conversion in first mapping and let the second mapping peform the conversion to flat file.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

> There is a new requirement in to do some changes in the idoc and that idoc flat file should be saved in a file through XI.

> So i can use Sender channal with Idoc adapter and do mapping convert it in to another Idoc-xml. But here i want this Idoc-xml to convert back to idoc and save in a file.

> Can anyone help me how to achieve this ?

>

> Laks

what version of PI server you are using ,If it is PI7.1 with Ehp1 then the IDoc modules will serve your purpose.i.e there are modules which can do the conversion from IDocxml to idoc flatfile ..

IF you are on lower versions then need to run the report which will convert the same

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check this how to guide link for IDOC conversion

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/46759682-0401-0010-1791-bd1972bc0...

Regards,

Ravi