cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can ISA and WD Java coexist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently we have ISA J2EE app (CRM app) running on NW 6.4. We have a requirement to develop some screens in WD Java.

My question is can these applications co-exist on the same server and also can we integrate these two modules seemless (i.e. ISA J2EE and WD Java)?

Logically i believe it should be possible as end of the day both are J2EE applications on the server just they are two different ear files or so. But just want to confirm before commuting to upper management.

Also i am not sure how the navigation would work from ISA J2EE app to WD and back.

-Shilpa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd avoid trying to mix up WDP and Struts. Why don't you just use Struts to do your screens? - I think it will be a lot faster than using WDP.

Regards,

Daniel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

> Logically i believe it should be possible as end of the day both are J2EE applications on the server just they are two different ear files

Yes, you're absolutely right, they are just two different ear files.

> Also i am not sure how the navigation would work from ISA J2EE app to WD and back.

You can call WD app from ISA via URL. You also can pass some of data as URL GET parameters, but this method appropriates not for every situation.

And here is one more mpoment which could be a problem - WDJ can use only UME for maintain users' accounts so if you use CRM Backend as users' accounts source you will be faced with a problem of users' authentification in your WDJ application. CRM ISA (<= 5.0) can't create Logon Ticket.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

WD J & ISA J2EE apps can very well coexist on a WAS server. Coming to to second question of sending and receiving data between a normal j2ee app (jsp pages) and WD application -- this is a bit challenging if i may say. WD J doesnt make explicit use of the HttpSession object in code, all the data is stored in the context (am sure you will know this) and it isnt very nice to hijck the internal api of WD to access the HttpSession object since it isnt supported.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with the above two posts that the communication between Structs framework and Webdynpro framework will be a challenge bcz WDJ will not support Session explicitily. Try to avoid the complication and go ahead with designing the remaining screens also in Struts. If the communication is of one way then you can try to mingle them up by passing the data in one way using URL navigation or using webservices.

Regards

Raghu