cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a new custom object in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there gurus,

Is there any (easy) way to create a new Object in SRM?

What I need is a new object similar to a PO, Shopping Cart, RFX... in order to model a business requirement needed after Bid Responses and just before Approval Process (Contract or PO).

I need a bus id, a range for document numbers, some custom fields related to this new object (one object per Response) and new screens in order to populate needed information...

Any information regarding that would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thank you so much for your answers!

Basicly, just after the last BID Response has been received a new approval process called "XXX" has to be performed in order to classify each response into "Acceptable" or "Unaceptable". It may sound like no business object has to be defined because a new flag field "Acceptable" could be added to the Quote, but it is not so easy because, as i said before, the underlaying workflow needs different kinds of approvals (there are additional issues which I don´t really know) and the functional team have dediced that the only way is creating a new Business Object "XXX".

So, there should be one "XXX" for each BID Invitation, and this "XXX" object should have one item line for each BID Response received.

All in all, I need a new screen with an input field in order to specify a BID Invitation number. I have to retrieve all offers for this invitation number and display them in a table with fields: Response Number, Response Status, Company Name, Bidder Name, Country, Amount, Price Type and Resolution (Acceptable o Unacceptable). This table represents the "Item" level for the new object "XXX".

The header level should contain tabs for "XXX" General Info, Notes&Attachments, Approval and Tracking. We suppose that all of these tabs are standard tabs for all business objects. Furthermore, standard buttons to Save, Order, Print Prev, etc should be added and 2 new buttons have to be visible when "XXX" is approved.

Thus I need technical information related to three different levels: i) actions to do at EP level (iviews, pages, or whatever I need to integrate this new object into the menus, powl, etc), ii) actions to do at Webdynpro level (I think that lot of standard functionalities could be reused, ie. common tabs for notes&attachments etc) and iii) actions to do at data-model level (in order to store all data regarding the new object in a proper way).

I hope this help...

Thank you!

Edited by: Vicente Ángel Lopez Romero on Jul 30, 2009 11:24 AM (Typo error)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

It sounds similar requirement that we have implemented a prototype.

Customer calls that process "Assessment" process. Stakeholders evaluate the RFx Response.

We have implemented the solution with customer fields and customer status and custom workflow.

Regards,

Masa

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

We have just decided that doing everything from scratch is the only way to model this. As you said, we have to create a custom workflow, fields, screens and probably custom tables in order to store headers and items for the new object.

Thank you again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It would be best to have the Custom object created in SWO1 with super type as BUS2121, so that you can delegate that later with BUS2121. In the methods created your custom methods and feilds which you want. When it is delegated to the standard object BUS2121, then i think it can be used directly which calls your custom object. For more clarity ask the ABAPER's so that they can help you more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much! I think that this is a little complex situation, anyway, creating the new object is what I have to do... There is no way of reusing netiher RFX nor Response because of workflow approval issues that cannot be solved unless a new object be created

I have to get clarified regarding new entry points and WDA component to be added in Portal and so on :S...

This new object needs some standard tabs and functionalities and, trying to replicate them is not a trivial task.

I hope there were an easy way to replicate this kind of screens... some way of adding new entries in SPRO-TC for item and header level for that new business object, but I´m not sure whether this is possible or not. Probably I have to create a custom WDA Component with the new layout and replicate standard functionalities for creating, saving, ordering, parking etc. I need also a data model (from database point of view) in order to store and retrieve information related to the new object, and of course, this data model should be linked within the standard datamodel for common objects (SCs, POs, RFXs and so on).

Thank you again

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What kind of document (new object) are you going to develop? Can you explain the business side requirement?

We may find a solution in other way.

Regards,

Masa

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a Business Object in the transaction SWO1.

I would use customer fields for RFx Response insted of new Business Object.

Regards,

Masa