cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project scheduling wrong dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Iu2019m facing a problem while scheduling the project. When i schedule the project, the start date defined in project Def is copied to all WBS elementu2019s basic start date, wherein I wanted the dates to be determined based on the activity days.

Even in activity dates, the system is taking different date and donu2019t know on what bases and it is wrong.

I have connected each activity to predecessor and successor and also have given days, but still is get WBS plan dates wrong.

Under options Scheduling method is selected as Network determines dates, but still I did not succeed.

I'm using bottom up forward scheduling

Can some one tell me what I have missed and did wrong. I' also geting start date and end date as the same for WBS and activity, inspite od specifing the day for each activity

Thanks in advance,

Chandru

Edited by: Chandru Chandru on Jul 27, 2009 5:53 PM

Edited by: Chandru Chandru on Jul 27, 2009 5:55 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Refer this

Thanks

S.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Specify the normal duration in Days. As for as I know, Duration in hours is for calculation of planned/ actual cost, based in the hourly rates defined in CO module.

Specify the normal duration in days. Define relationships between activities & schedule. It should work.

Thanks

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Activity duration can be calculated using Calculation Key 1, you will have to maintain work center, Work, Number of capacities on the activity tab. based on the work hour maintained for capacities in Work center...activity duration will be calcualted

Former Member
0 Kudos

My query was about activity duration under dates tab and not Intenal tab.

Apologies for not explaning in detail.

Thanks,

Chandru

Edited by: Chandru Chandru on Jul 28, 2009 3:54 PM

Answers (0)