cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 503

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We get Error 503s reported by our users (MAU 2.5) quite regularly. Has anyone got any documentation on how or why this error occurs or troubleshooting steps for when they do occur?

Kind Regards,

Vinnie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Following are the some TroubleShooting Steps for error 503

1) Retry the web page by clicking the refresh/reload button or trying the URL from the address bar again. Even though the 503 Service Unavailable error is reporting an error on the web site's servers and not your computer, the server error is usually only temporary. Trying the page again will often be successful.

Note: If the 503 Service Unavailable error message appears during the checkout process at an online merchant, be aware that duplicate attempts to checkout may end up creating multiple orders - and multiple charges! Most merchants have automatic protections from these kinds of actions but it's still something to keep in mind.

2)Come back later. The 503 Service Unavailable error is a common error message on very popular websites when a huge increase in traffic by visitors (that's you!) is overwhelming the servers.

3)As more and more visitors leave the website, the chances of a successful page load for you increases.

4)If you can't wait any longer for the problem to be resolved or if you'd like to help out, you may want to attempt to contact the webmaster or another website contact and advise them of their server error.

Hope this information help you

Regards

Ruturaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for the responses.

I guess it's worth clarifying that these Error 503s are being reported on the mobile device. So, if I understand things correctly the web server is the local tomcat server (running CrEme JVM)? So I was wondering are they being caused by; interruption from the user, memory issues, whether other MAU users have seen this before or if its unique to our setup etc..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are getting Error Code 503 during http communication, this means the server is temporarily unavailable.

You can refer to following link to get more details regarding the same.

http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E503.html

Regards

Ramanath.