cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extenal number range for biiling documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends pl guide me how to give external number range to the billing documents. We have already tried with user exit_number_range but I am unable to put the number in the billing document. pl let me know where to put the number.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is advisable to use internal number range assignment for billing document as repetition in billing document would cause

business irregularities. But if you still want to proceed then you have to use the user exit "exit_number_range". Before starting

the coding work, please ensure to define the number range in the SPRO setting with external range check box ticked. Then with

the help of ABAPer, try to develop a logic so that external number range will be embedded on the document while saving.

Regards,

Sarthak

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not possible and also not recoded by SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to the program RV60AFZZ, in this one number range exist is there. First you maintain one ztable with fields Sales org, dist.channel, division, billing type.

Maintain the number range as standard and give those object in z-table for respective combination. Abaper can call that table for respective comibination of sales area and document and will take that number range. so, that ur problem will solved.

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To do this you have to use the user exit "Userexit_number_range". You please create a "ZTable"(Ask your abaper to do this) and maintain two fields like sales org and billing type and assign a number range which i external to them. This would over write the actual internal number range assigned to the billing documents in "VOFA". We have done the same thing. This has worked for us.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the SAP suggestion in billing document external no range is not recomended,any if ur requirement such ask your ABAPER explain this he will help you out with user-exit.

Regards,

venkataswamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the legal documents carry an Internal number assignment, the standard SAP automatically assigns a number from the assigned internal number ranges.I am not sure you meet the requirement.

Regards

Chandra