cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a business requirement to set up new customer/vendor payment terms. The requirement is as follows:

2% discount is to be calculated based on the date of the month but not number of days.

ie. 2% discount to be given if customer paid by 10th of the month, if not then net due on the 25th of the month.

This is different than any other standard payment terms set up, they are usually set up by the number of days past invoice date received.

Please advice configuration steps to achieve the above functionality.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Semi answered...

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

You can do this by setting up of Fixed date in "OBB8" by giving "`10" in the Fixed date and in the second discount term you enter 25 without entering any thing. This should work for you. Now the system will allow the discount to be given if the customer pays on 10 th or before and due net on 25 th. Kindly please let me know If you need any more Information on this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for the response.

I have maintained the settings in OBB8 as suggested. I ran the sales cycle with newly created payment terms assigned and invoice created.

In F-28 if I give the document date as 08/08/2009 I able to see the cash discount of 2% for the particular invoice. For the same if I gave the document date as 08/28/2009 no discount is displaying.

Is this the right way to check the output? How to view the same in F110 t-code which is u201CAutomatic payment transactionsu201D

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You first create the Payment Terms in the Customizing Path then maintain the Logic in the User Exit that if the System Date is 10th of every month with Payment Terms as defined by you then read Discount Condition type (Any Z_) of 2% else throw error and not allow to save the Document..

Best Regards,

Ankur