SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC: /POSDW/CREATE_TRANSACTIONS_EXT error message in POSDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to send a tlog in our POSDM system using BAPI /POSDW/CREATE_TRANSACTIONS_EXT. But when testing the RFC in SE37 I am getting the following error message :

Message ID: /POSDW/INPUT Message number: 015

Error determining transaction category for code 1001

I have checked the customizing settings and I do not find anything unusual . Can you please advice on what this error message means and where should I look in order to resolve this. Possibily I am not filling in all the details in the Tlog structure but at this moment I am not able to narrow down to it.

Please advice , give suggestions.

Best Regards,

S

5 REPLIES 5

0 Kudos

Hi ,

The problem should be in the customizing of the transaction 1001. Check if you have set up the correct configurations for the correct profile, Tansaction Group.

It would also help if you try to post a similar transaction within the POSDM system using the FM /POSDW/BAPI_POSTR_CREATE and see if you are getting the error.

Regards,

Mughil.

0 Kudos

Hi Mughil,

When I post the transaction with /POSDW/BAPI_POSTR_CREATE , it goes ok .

thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

please check if you have activated the "Filter Balue for Category Code Determination" in the General Settings tab. This setting controls if the mapping tables for SAP POS (under Integration with other SAP components) is used or not. In your case this seems to be the issue. (entry would be 0001)

You are sending in 1001 but the system either finds more than one entry for 1001 without being able to assign the site to aprofile or there is no entry for 1001.

Of course these tables can be used for Code Mapping from other POS clients as well.

BTW: the difference in behaviour is based on the fact that the BAPI does not take those mapping tables into consideration.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Edited by: Stefan Scheppat on Aug 14, 2009 9:19 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply.

You are right I have set the "Filter Value For Category Code Determination" to "000" . I made assignments for "Transaction Type Code" under Integration with Other SAP Components->SAP POS->Definition/Assignment of Values for Category Code Criteria. After this the error message changes to "Sales Item Category" .

Does this mean I have to maintain all the assignemnts under Integration with Other SAP Components->SAP POS->Definition/Assignment of Values for Category Code Criteria ????? Is it really required ? Because my understanding is that this is a optional activitiy .

rgds,

former_member198994
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe /POSDW/TYPECODE_MAPPING is active which is forcing to look standard mapping.