Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Container Shipment process management

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My client exports their products through Containers.These containers are provided by offtakers and my client wants the Container shipments to be managed in SAP.

I hope somebody would have experienced the same business process.

It would be better if anyone explain a feasible solution in SAP.

Advance Thanks.

Have a Nice Day.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My Client manufactures and exports products to his Customers.The customer would send their P.O to my client and also would sent a P.O to the offtakers to provide the necessary containers for shipments.Theses containers will be available at my clients premises.

My Client creates a Sales order for example 20 line items and he shall pack it in this container.

Now my clients requirement is to map the container into SAP such that in his sales order this container will be available for the corresponding line items and this container must be booked for this particular sales order.

Advance thanks.

Have a Nice Day.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

During the process of outbound the containers ID can be maintained in the shipments at VT01N.

In the shipment header "Identification" tab can be used to place the container number and other details. In our project these information can be updated by the transporation team by custom dev Tcode and it updated in the Shipment header details.

may be you need to see that and explore more on those areas....

thanks..

tkreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If you could provide a little more details on the business process, then there might be someone out there could help you out.