cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Display field values not displayed in HCM forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working with a scenario in HCM forms. I have 10 display fields in my HCM foms. The fields from infortype 7 and 8 are not displayed. I have specified the fields in my backend service only 3 fields - employee name , id, org unit is displayed in the form. Can anyone help me out

Regards

Priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post your "fields" config for the SAP_PA service? Just cut and paste the rows?

And just to ask, for you IT0008 mapping, you also put in subtype 0 (zero) right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Chris,

got solved , but if i give the sub type as 0 for 0001 info type , it throws an error

"Form scen. Z_HR_PA_XX_SPL_PAYMNT vers. 00000 serv. SAP_PA: Field JOB_TITLE is assigned to invalid subtype".

but if i give for 8 infotype only then it picks the value. could u pls brief the logic behind

Thanks & Regards

Priya

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guess I confused you. Make sure you select the correct subtype (if needed) for the infotype you are mapping too. Not all infotypes will require a subtype (ie. IT0001).

Secondly, I am assuming you mean that now you see values but they are the "codes" for the fields and not the texts for them. Correct?

If so, then a couple of things there.

1. In most cases, you can handle this by ALSO setting the "help" for the field to come from SAP_PA as well. This will give you a drop-down of "help" values that shows the text for the "code" for the field. If in read-only, it will show the correct text for you, while "holding" the actual code value behind the scenes as needed. Pretty nice.

2. However.....since in your case, I know what you are trying to do....ie. drop-downs for Pay Scale Type, Area, Grade and Level....your's is a different situation. I have just gone through this myself with my most current project. I will say this....

-setting the "help" to come from SAP_PA will populate the drop-downs however it is pretty useless. Personally, I had to develop a generic service to hande this for MANY reasons...

a. the values that come from SAP_PA will show just the values/text which for PS fields, taken by themselves, is pretty useless.

b. there are dependecies that SAP_PA will not enforce...ie. Pay Level depends on selected Pay Group-Type-Area, Pay Group in turn depends on the selected Pay Type and Area. Pay Scale Type and Area do not depend on one another but do have possibly selections.....so you have to do a lot of "logic" to enforce this

c. to point B, you will need one/some user events in order to "trigger" changes for your drop-downs based on selections/changes to them.

d. there are no validations from SAP_PA or otherwise to make sure a user has picked a correct selection/combination...that too will require a generic service to enforce.

Basically, you have a LOT of work ahead of you to may Pay Scale values work "nicely" on a form. I have done it, I know it can be done, I know how to do it....but that gets into consulting versus basic forum type help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks alot Chris.

Regards

Priya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Are you sure you (or the user you are using) has security to allow access to IT0007 and IT0008?

2. Are your fields "mapped" to the SAP_PA service to the correct screen structure and field?

3. Are your fields in the form scenario's field configuration set to have their "default value" come from SAP_PA?

4. Are you fields set to display on the form? (ie. a field element/control on form and set to "visible")

5. Are you sure no other services are setting/clearing those fields?

If you check all the above and still having issues, let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Thanks for those tips.

I have already checked them . I am not gettig the display fields from infotype 8..- Payscale area, pay scale type, pay scale group and annual salary.

Thanks

Priya