cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with inspection result transfer to batch classification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I `m struggling with the following problem: As result of UD I want to transfrer the inspection results to the batch class (evaluate the batch by the results of inspection). the correct batch class characteristic is assigned to the master inspection characteristic.

It works fine, but only if I maintain a material specification for the material which includes the characteristics I want to get valuated automatically.

We are using only inspection plans, we do not work with material specifications for quality inspection. In the inspection settings of the material master data only 'inspection with plan' is marked, 'material specification' we keep empty.

I do not believe that I have to maintain the material specification in order to get results transfered - But Am I wrong?

If it is possible to get the results transferred without a maintained material specification - what is wrong with my settings? what do I need to change in order to get the process running well without that material specification nobody wants to maintain?

Thanks in advance for all helpful hints.

Kurt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to QCC0>Basic Setting>Setting at plant level--->select plant ->Inspection lot completion->Batch valuation without material spec

check indicator.

If you set this indicator, a link between the master inspection characteristics and the class characteristics for the batch class must exist when an inspection lot is created, for batch valuation to occur when the usage decision or inspection point valuation is made. A link within the material specification is not required.

If you do not set this indicator, batch valuation only occurs when the usage decision or inspection point valuation is made, if a link using the material specification exists between the master inspection characteristics and the class characteristics for the batch class. In this way, you can control on a material-dependent basis whether the batch characteristics are valuated based on the inspection results.

Regards'

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sujit,

that's it, thanks a lot for the fast help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

hi

check the following steps

creat characterisitics CT04

create MIC with class characterisitics - QS21

assign this MIC in inspection plan - Qp01

then check the inspection result transfer to batch

rgds

Magesh .v