Replicating repositories from 2 other Rep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have following sitruation.

MDM Version - 7.1

Some of my Tables are in Repository 1

Some are in Repository 2

Is it possible to create a 3rd repository which contains tables from both Rep1 and Rep2? If so How?

Also does MDM Support DELTA import while creating repositories?

Thanks

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Regarding the first point, you can take the archive (Right click on repo -> Archive repo) of the first repository (if you want Data as well) or Schema of the first repository (right click o repo -> export schema). Then you can choose Unarchive repository Or create Repository from schema (depending on the action previous action) by right clicking on MDM server. This will create a new repository exactly similar to the first one. Then export he schema of the secong repo and import it onto the newly created repo and accept the addition of required tables.

If you do not want the whole structure of first repo also, you can also accept the deletion of tables that are not required in the final repo.

Regarding the second point, Delta load will be handled through import manager. Base on your matchin criteria, you can skip the records which already exist in repo and create only the new once.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx a lot dheeraj,

The solution you provided was perfect!!!!!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

You should give rewards if you get the useful reply to motivate sdn contributors.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have newly started using this. i dont know how to give points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harsh,

For each and every post you get 3 radio buttons on left hand side, just select any one depending on the kind of reply (helpful-2, very helpful-6, solved-10).

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja