Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XXXX has processed PI counts but we think that YYYY actually entered

Former Member
0 Kudos

<removed_by_moderator> User of <removed_by_moderator> processed transactions under different user name

User <removed_by_moderator> is based at <removed_by_moderator> site plant <removed_by_moderator>

User <removed_by_moderator> is based at <removed_by_moderator> site plant <removed_by_moderator>

It appears that user <removed_by_moderator> has processed PI counts for plant <removed_by_moderator> (but we think that <removed_by_moderator> actually entered the counts)

Please can you check if & where <removed_by_moderator> was logged onto <removed_by_moderator> on 24th June?

Examples of documents posted are <removed_by_moderator> - <removed_by_moderator>

These transactions were processed using the hand held terminal, the barcoding solution.

Currently, it is possible for users to be logged onto a <removed_by_moderator> & SAP at the same time.

Can you please let me know how to provide the detailed analysis on this issue.

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 27, 2009 1:55 PM

<removed_by_moderator> to anonymize the question...

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somehow I get the impression this is not something you got stuck with in your IDES system, right?

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 27, 2009 1:59 PM

0 Kudos

Yes, Its not on IDES system. its on client's PRODUCTION System

Former Member
0 Kudos

That looks like a copy and paste of a client email asking you to provide them the information.

In the UK there are various restrictions over the use of personal data and pasting locations and easily udentifiable userID's and locations on the internet is not a great idea. If you client sees this I would say that they are well within their rights to ask exactly what they are paying for.

0 Kudos

That looks better now...

0 Kudos

Pls can you delete this thread

0 Kudos

I removed the sensitive parts for you.

Back to the question:

My first guess would be that the handheld was being used by XXXX although YYYY had logged on.

Another possibility is that batch files are sent from the one system to the other which contain a user name which might not necessarily be the one who was holding the scanner, but rather the one who had created a request for it, etc. This UID name is then being used to process the record with in SAP. Workflows have the same ability as well.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

" these transactions were processed using the hand held terminal, the barcoding solution.

Currently, it is possible for users to be logged onto a <removed_by_moderator> & SAP at the same time "

Can you please explain what is handheld terminal?

0 Kudos

> Can you please explain what is handheld terminal?

It is something you can hold in your hand and has a rather small mind of its own.

But this can also be misleading, because there are also handsfree kits for handhelds...

An [example|http://artflutter.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/handsfree3.jpg]

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

>

> It is something you can hold in your hand and has a rather small mind of its own.

A Real time live example?

P.S.Feel free to delete my post here since it is nothing addition to his question.

0 Kudos

As you said, if the batch files were processed the PI Counts, how to trace which batch file has been used and who and when it was executed.

Is the hand held terminal related to SAP, If hand held terminal was used can we trace the changes from SAP.

0 Kudos

> Is the hand held terminal related to SAP...

I don't know. How could I?

Actually it should be us asking you whether it is infact [one of these|http://enterprisegeeks.com/blog/2009/04/01/abap-application-server-running-on-the-iphone/], or not...

Cheers,

Julius