cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical Action and Role/Profile Analysis job in not running in GRC 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am working for a client where GRC 5.3 is installed( support pack 4 and patch 1).

The installation is complete and also the post processing is done.

We have scheduled a periodic ( weekly ) incremental background job for Critical Action and Role/Profile.

Following are the parameter setting used:

Task: Risk Analysis -Batch

Batch Mode : Incremental

First time it run successfully on 28th June'09 and it is completed with spool also. But next time it is supposed to run on 4th of July'09 . But it does not. And since then it is in same state.

I am not able to find any reason that why it is behaving this way where other incremental jobs are running successfully.

It will be helpfull if any one can guide me providing the solution.

Regards,

Kakali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kakali,

Please check the job history by going in to configuration -> background job -> search. Here if there are any errors during the running of the job it will be displayed. This should give us starting idea of what is happening with the job. If it has run on any date after the first run, it should be displayed here.

Let me know what do you see here. In addition to that there were known problems with the periodic jobs scheduling in earlier SP's of RAR5.3 which have been corrected in latest support packages. Kindly go through SAP Note 1168120 which lists the issues resolved in various SP's of RAR5.3

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

I go to the Job History Button. It shows the following data only :

2009-06-28 00:00:59 Done Job Completed successfully

2009-06-27 23:45:00 Started RAR_PE1CLNT100_Critical Action and Role/Profile Analysis started :threadid: 0

Under the Last Run Colomn it shows 28th June ( Status -completed)

Under Next Run Date it is showing 4th July

Follwoing are the list of Updates available From SP05

When executing the critical roles/profile jobs in background, a message

"error while executing the Job: null" comes up. ---( this one is for which come under Informer Tab)

Background job spools are not available after upgrade from 5.2 to 5.3.

Critical action and critical role/profile analysis cannot be run in

background by system. --- ( But in my case It ran for once )

Selection parameters (System, User and User Group) have been provided for

"Critical Action and Role/Profile Analysis" in Configuration->Background

Job->Schedule Job. --- ( it means it run usually)

Critical Actions report in detail view shows no results after executing the

Risk Analysis Job in the background. The same report shows data when

executed in the foreground. ( this one is for which come under Informer Tab )

When there is only one periodic job configured in RAR, this job fails to

start after the first time in the specified time. ( this is not true, becoz there other periodic jobs running successfuly)

Unable to run Informer - audit reports - critical role and profiles with

logical systems. ( this is again under Informer Tab )

I had gone through this earlier also, but not able to match any update with my problem. If if have any other suggestion you can provide me the same.

Is there any way to check for job log so that I can check what is the problem. View Log option is also greyed out as we have sap logger set up as a default logger Parameter. I have made it enable just to check but there is nothing.

Please Guide.

Regards,

Kakali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kakali,

Once you change the logger settings to Java Logger you need to restart the server for the changes to take effect. Once you restart the logs will start coming in view log button, however, the job you are mentioning is not running at all then there will be no log for the same.

I'd suggest that you first upgrade to SP08 Patch 1 and schedule a new job for this. If you continue to face this issue again, then report this one to SAP GRC support by creating a message under GRC-SAC-SCC component. Once you will upgrade i believe that you will not face this issue.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Thank you for your information.

Could you please tell me what will be the impact if I change the default logger from SAP Logger to Java Logger.

This report is running in Production GRC Server where only production backend system is attached.

Directly changing this setting in Prd server --- will it be right way to do it ? Because this job is not scheduled on a peridic basis in Dev server where dev and qa back end system is attached.

Regards,

Kakali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kakali,

This parameter will not have any impact upon rest of the server. It will only make the logs for CC to be available in CC itself rather than being available from NetWeaver Admin (NWA) screen. Once you set this to JAVA logger you would be able to view logs from CC from configuration -> background job -> search -> view log.

There is no harm in doing this at all.

Regards,

Varun

Answers (0)