cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Determination in Shipment cost Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

This problem relateds to Account determination in Shipment cost document.

When I create shipment cost document, Account determination is not happening AUTOMATICALLY.

Though when I go to the account asignment in shipment ocst document and just save it (G/L account is alreadty there), It is saved and account determination happenes successfully.

My only concern is that why it is not happening automatically.

Can any body plz guide.

Regards

Neeraj Kumar Jain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RodrigoSilva
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI,

I had sort of the same issue here, I will tell you my case, maybe the root cause is the same.

I had to fill some fields (VFKN-VBELV) through a user exit, it was working great except by the fact that the Status of account determination (shipment costs header data) was not being updated to "C", but to "B".

When I created the shipment cost document through VI04 It was giving me an error on account assignment, even though the document was created with status of account determination set as "B" too.

This was keeping me from automatically transfer costs.

To have this status updated I had to manually go on VI02 and pop to the account assignment screen or do as Mr. Wortmann said through VI05.

To solve this I set this field VFKN-VBELV on Maintain Account Assignment Category as "Opt.Entry" instead of "Mand. Entry".

This way I had no more errors on the log screen and the process works fine now. It seems like when you set a field as mandatory the system "requires" it before they are filled, thus the error log shows up.

I hope it helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

When I create shipment cost document, Account determination is not happening AUTOMATICALLY.

Though when I go to the account assignment in shipment ocst document and just save it (G/L account is alreadty there)

In the above statement you have mentioned that when you check the Account assignment tab in Shipment document the 'G/L account is there' which means its automatically determined.

But in your first statement you have mentioned Account determination is not happening AUTOMATICALLY.

So as per the thread your statements are contradictory.

Can you please clarify the same?

Thanks & Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, when I check there, G/L account is there yet in Shipment cost overview screen, it shows that account determination is not complete.

I want this to be done AUTOMATICALLY.

When I do VI01, at that time, on overview screen, it shows that status 'A' Account assignment not completed.

I want to know how can I have its status as 'C' Account assignment fully completed AUTOMATICALLY.

Regards

Neeraj Kumar Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which scenario you are working on?

If its an outbound scenario, check your item category settings whether you have configured to generate Separate Service PO for transportation ?

If yes, then click the transfer button in the Shipment cost document item & save the document inorder to create the service PO. once this is done automatically your account assignment status will be changed to 'C'.

Thanks & Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I checked and That appears correct.

I think I have nail down the problem and its in the item category.

We assign the Item category, valuation class and the settings of automatic account determination.

Problem lies there.

Now I am able to do account assignment automatically yet getting one Error Log. error log is not stopping the account determination only its throwing the error while creating the Shipment cost document.

Error Message is Account assignment to Business Area not supported with this G/L account

I understand if I am able to fix this issue, Account determination would be happening correctly and automatically also.

I am trying to fix this error.

If you have any input, Plz provide.

Regards

Neeraj Kumar Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Check whether you have configured the below settings

SPRO-LE-Transportation-Shipment costs-Settlement-Automatic Determination of CO Assignments

If yes, please remove the same & check.

Thanks & Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

No, I have not configured that. I have done settings only for Account determination, not for CO account determination.

Regards

Neeraj Kumar Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on the details of this thread it seems like the following is taking place...

Account determination is configured to determine the correct G/L, profit ctr, or cost ctr combos but you are lacking the event that performs the account assignment.

For example, when you click on the icon to review the account assignment that is when the account assignment is getting determined presenting you with the GL account.

Are you able to run VI05 in the background every 15min or so to perform account assignment on all your SCD's? VI05 with an appropriate selection variant can perform the account assignment for you. You just need to make sure that the last field on the selection screen named "Rate automat.proc." has "C" defined (C= Determine account for shipment cost item).

I think this should solve your problem.

Thanks.