cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup is failed due to ERROR 6: Server Status: the backup failed to back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

In my system online backup is failed with <Error 6 : Server Status: the backup failed to back up the requested files>

I have scheduled online backup through DB13 transaction.

Please help me out on this.

Regards.

Vamsheedhar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Please find the Error Log of backup.

BR0229I Calling backup utility with function 'backup'...

BR0278I Command output of '/usr/sap/QAS/SYS/exe/run/backint -u QAS -f backup -i /oracle/QAS/sapbackup/.bebclbow.lst -t file -p /oracle/QAS/920_64/dbs/initQAS.utl -c':

WARNING: drives value missing from parameter file /oracle/QAS/920_64/dbs/initQAS.utl

default drives value = 1

WARNING: sort_backup_type not specified in .utl file

WARNING: default sort_backup_type to <size> for backup

********************************************************************************

Program: /usr/sap/QAS/SYS/exe/run/backint 6.5

Input File: /oracle/QAS/sapbackup/.bebclbow.lst

Profile: /oracle/QAS/920_64/dbs/initQAS.utl

Function: BACKUP

Backup Type: BACKUP_FILE

********************************************************************************

[8367.01] 01:01:44 INF - Starting bprm

[8367.01] 01:01:56 INF - Processing /oracle/QAS/sapdata1/perfstat_1/perfstat.data1

01:01:57.885 [8367] <1> : Backup of </oracle/QAS/sapdata1/perfstat_1/perfstat.data1> is failed due to <Error 6 : Server Status: the backup failed to back up the requested files>.

01:01:57.885 [8367] <1> : Backup of </oracle/QAS/sapdata1/perfstat_2/perfstat.data2> is failed due to <Error 6 : Server Status: the backup failed to back up the requested files>.

01:01:57.885 [8367] <1> : Backup of </oracle/QAS/sapdata1/perfstat_3/perfstat.data3> is failed due to <Error 6 : Server Status: the backup failed to back up the requested files>.

01:01:57.885 [8367] <1> : Backup of </oracle/QAS/sapdata1/perfstat_4/perfstat.data4> is failed due to <Error 6 : Server Status: the backup failed to back up the requested files>.

01:01:57.885 [8367] <1> : Backup of </oracle/QAS/sapdata4/qasdb_1/qasdb.data1> is failed due to <Error 6 : Server Status: the backup failed to back up the requested files>.

Regards,

Vamsheedhar.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> BR0278I Command output of '/usr/sap/QAS/SYS/exe/run/backint -u QAS -f backup -i /oracle/QAS/sapbackup/.bebclbow.lst -t file -p /oracle/QAS/920_64/dbs/initQAS.utl -c':

> WARNING: drives value missing from parameter file /oracle/QAS/920_64/dbs/initQAS.utl

> default drives value = 1

> WARNING: sort_backup_type not specified in .utl file

> WARNING: default sort_backup_type to <size> for backup

> ********************************************************************************

> Program: /usr/sap/QAS/SYS/exe/run/backint 6.5

> Input File: /oracle/QAS/sapbackup/.bebclbow.lst

> Profile: /oracle/QAS/920_64/dbs/initQAS.utl

> Function: BACKUP

> Backup Type: BACKUP_FILE

> ********************************************************************************

You are running backint from a 3rd-party - what backup software are you running?

Markus

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try to run the backup from brtools from OS level using user system and password for system. Let us know if that works..

If that does not work please provide the log details..

Edited by: Anindya Bose on Jul 27, 2009 4:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

We are using Veritas NetBackup.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the Veritas logs. This is a problem of the backup interface - no SAP problem.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue is solved.

Actually my /oracle folder has changed the owner because of at the time we installing new database in part of new application in the same server.

I have revert back the owner and now the backup is running fine.

Thanks for your messages.

Regards,

Vamsheedhar.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please post the logfiles.

Markus