cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print in batch for many bills?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts,

The customer want to print in batch for thousands bills, I don't know how to do this. Do you give me some hint?

I try it in three way, but I failed.

1. I can make a InteractiveForm after I had configed the ADS(Adobe document services), so that I can print a bill using the InteractiveForm,

but I don't know how to print thousands bills in the InteractiveForm.

2. I can import one bill data to a xml file and open the xml file using EXCEL, so that I can print the bill in excel,

but I can't put all data of thousands bills to a xml so that I can print thousands bills using EXCEL.

3. I can put one bill data to a HTML file and print it. But I can't put all data of thousands bills to a HTML so that I can print thousands bills using the HTML file.

Do you give me some hint?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

tao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain whta is the source of the bill? i mean from R3 or any Data base? Are you using web Dyn pro application ? give such details so that we can help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Nagaraju,

The source of the bill is from in the R/3. My WDJ(Webdynpro for java) invoke the function in the R/3 through the interface of the function.

My action is:

1. Finish a function in the R/3. The function can get all data for thousands bills.

2. Import the Function in the WDJ Application.

3. Finish the WDJ Application for invoking the Function in the R/3 so that it can SET all data for a context node(TableNode) .

4. Now, the problems is:

I have to print thousand bills in batch, and each one bill is print in special format for each customer. I don't know how to do this.

I try 4 way:

1. Put a bill data to a InteractiveForm. The WDJ can print the bill, but it can't print thansands bills throught loop the context node element beacause the print button is in the PDF Form.

2. Put a bill data to a HTML. The WDJ can print the bill, but it can't print thansands bills throught loop the context node element beacause the print button is in the html page.

3. Put a bill data to a EXCEL. The WDJ can print the bill, but it can't print thansands bills throught loop the context node element beacause the print button is in the EXCEL file.

4. I create a function for print the smart form in the R/3, I try to invoke the function using the WDJ for printting the bill, but I failed. The R/3 DON'T work for print.

Do you give me some hint? Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

tao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why donn you try the cart logic??? However you have already piled the bills in a context . So, populate the items into the table an generate the sequence flag or bill number(even u can make this as a persistent by storing in a table). iterate the basket for the context size.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Nagaraju,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Do you give me some detail for the cart logic? Do you give me some hint for completing the cart logic? I am very sorry that I don't know what is the cart logic.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Nagaraju,

Do you give me one example for print in batch? I can print only one bill using the inside "Print" button in the file(ex. excel, html and so on) after I set one bill data to the special file format.

I really don't know how to complete the pint in batch for thousands bill.

Do you give me some hint?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Nagaraju,

I think I seem understand your mind after I carefully think about your word----"cart logic" : Using loop to put all items to one table in the HTML file and print the HTML file?

But I hope each bill is one page or several page that isn't inside into other bill when the html file is printed. How can I do it ?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

tao

Edited by: wang tao on Jul 28, 2009 4:05 PM