cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI or RFC or PROXY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario where purchase order and goods receipt info is coming from an external application to XI.

Too update ECC with the same..do i use a bapi/rfc or proxy?

I mean call bapi in the proxy or import bapi directly?..what is the best procedure?

Is it possible to use purchase order IDOC?...

Do we have any BAPI for creating internal order?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think better to go with the existing integration touch points (Like IDoc, RFC/BAPI, directly importing...) instead of Custom ones (Like Proxy).

There is an object InternalOrder and Method Create. Check it might be helpful.

Regards,

Venu V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venu,

How can i see the mandatory fields for the BAPI...my XI system is not ready yet,, I have to design the solution...

So i want to see what are the mandatory fields I have to fetch from external system to create an internal order in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The way i used to do is goto tcode SE37 and select the bapi (For Ex:BAPI_INTERNALORDER_CREATE) and check the import parameters. Where u can see that the parameter is a optional or mandatory. If u have a structure then i used to do trial and error method. Check with functional consultant to help u out to identify the mandatory fields to execute the same.

Regards,

Venu V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx venu,

i was just curious to find out why we use a PROXY?..is it when we have multiple bapis?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have not come across this blog...

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

Find below some of the threads related to that.

[]

[]

[]

[]

Regards,

Venu V

Edited by: Venu V on Jul 27, 2009 2:24 PM

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

If you want to decide what method do you want to chose to integrate with a sap backend system, you can refer this technical article

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0e7ae66-be6d-2a10-d385-92e6e67d...

To answer your question why we go for Proxies, here are some probable cases :

1) we opt for proxies in scenarios where there are NO standard IDOCs or RFCs / BAPIs are available.

2) As you said, when there are mulltiple bapis/rfcs are to be used.

3) If there are function moodules that are not RFC enabled and you do not want to create wrappers for them. Instead you can call them in a proxy.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If you need to do some validation on the ECC side or if you need to get some details from the ECC database before you do the posting, then it is better to go for a proxy. If all these are not required and if you can get all the required information at the XI end itself then you can directly call the BAPI from XI.

-Ram

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the choice is just between BAPI or proxy...

It depends on your requirements.

If you have to exchange a high volume of data you should use proxy communication.

If it is single execution of function with not high volume of data use BAPI\RFC.

BR,

Dzmitry

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

a) for PO use PO IDOC

b) the same for material movement

as with BAPI, RFC you will not be able to reprocess that which is the standard case of material movements

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

For PO im not sure if all the fields we have for PO Idoc are present..how can i check the structure of PO Idoc before importing it in xi?/

Abt RFC /BAPI...i dint follow u..can u pls explain

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>For PO im not sure if all the fields we have for PO Idoc are present..how can i check the structure of PO Idoc before importing it in xi?/

checking does not make any sense you need to know which PO process you want to do

to know all mandatory fields - as PO can be imported with many different sets of data

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If not wrong the IDOC structure can be checked in WE60 of the SAP system....

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There seems to be a lot of similarity beetween your requirement and this thread....check it out:

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

If the choice is just between BAPI or proxy.. what is the best way to go abt it?..

I mean u have to use the bapi in the proxy too..so is it good to just import the BAPI itself?