cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The transport of critical objects is to be authorized

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

in solman, when we try to release the transports it gives the message " The transport of critical objects is to be authorized " after some investigations i came to know that this setup is in customizing for whether one want a warning message, an error message, or no message at all for critical objects.

i have two questions

Q1 : i'm not very much familiar with critical objects, can some one provide some details

Q2: this is most important, with the existing solman setup to generate error system, what is to be done in order to make this request get released, the message "IS TO BE AUTHORIZED" indicates existence of an action which can authorize this request and let it pass normally, how to do such ?

Reg. Daher

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daher,

critical objects can be defined in transaction /TMWFLOW/CMSCONF. This is similar to regular critical objects settings in TMS.

You can define objects in transport requests for which a warning/to be approved message should appear when the transport request is created and released respectively.

The persons role who is allowed to approve critical transport objects in Solution Manager must be of type "Responsible Person" (techn.: 0008) which is defined in customizing (partner determination).

If an error/message like this appears in your document you need to use the excecute button right next to the error message.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christrian,

thanks for the information,,,

below is a SAP help Doc with regard to this, anyway i have not tried this since the TRs of the request which was causing this errors were manually released and transported. hence for next time i receive such message i'll try the below document. i'll be closing the request any way hopping that below SAP help will help.

-

However with regard to your reply...

"The persons role who is allowed to approve critical transport objects in Solution Manager must be of type "Responsible Person" (techn.: 0008) which is defined in customizing (partner determination)."

can you be more specific ?

-

further related SAP Help

Approving and Exporting Critical Objects

Use

A user attempted to export a transport request that contains critical objects, but the export terminated. In the Schedule Manager application log, you see the following information:

Transport object checks are activated.

Request <request number> contains critical objects!

You now either have to remove the critical objects from the transport request, or explicitly approve the transport of the critical objects. This procedure explains how to approve the objects for export.

Prerequisites

You are the Change Manager who gave the approval to create the preceding change transaction.

Procedure

1. In the Schedule Manager, execute the header method Display and Approval of Critical Transport Objects. (You can also execute this method as an action in the corresponding change transaction.) The system displays a list of the critical ABAP objects and the critical Customizing objects.

2. For each object that you want to explicitly approve, click the traffic light icon at the beginning of the relevant row.

3. In the dialog box that appears, choose Yes.

The icon color changes to green, which indicates that the objects have now been approved for export.

If necessary, you can withdraw the approval for export by clicking the icon again.

Result

In the application log of the Schedule Manager, the system displays the following information the next time an export is performed:

Transport object checks are activated.

Export of <request number> <Object name> approved by <user name>.

This information is also entered in the Critical Objects application log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto tx: SPRO -> IMG -> Scen. Spec. -> Serv. Dsk. -> Serv. Dsk. -> Partner Det. Proc. -> Define Partner Functions

SDCR0002 - Change Manager got Function Category: 0008 Person Responsible.

In your change document you should have one partner function of type 0008. Usually this is the Change Manager.

The person's business partner who should approve the critical objects has to be assigned to that partner function.

Only one partner function of type 0008 is allowed.

Regards