cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing/Updating Statistics to ODS Active table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have one data load issue. When i am loding data using Data mart load is running for a long time and the work process constently reading the active data table and doing nothing. When i see the active data table the volume is hige.. hence delaying the load update.. finally failing with timeout.. I think i can resolve this issue by updating/refreshing the statistics of the active table.. Can any one help me how to do update/refresh statistics for the ods.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Srikrishna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear and welcome on board!

In this situation (DB statistics), better to ask for some support to your basis guys...

Anyway, are you sure that your problem isn't some code you perform during this transfer ?

How many records do you have in active table ?

Generally speacking, why don't you split your data transfer in several smaller full loads (and you can run them in parallel) instead of only huge one?

Hope it helps!

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for the reply.. But for this kind of issue we arre not suppose to contact basis guys.. I remember we solved this issue before also by running statistics for the active data table and the load went smooth.. Absolutely there is no issue with the code.. Load is in milions 84756587 records and splitting data also somewhat complicated as it is data mart not coming from R/3.

There should be some process to update statistics by using some programme/function module

Thanks

Regards

Srikrishna

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Srikrishna,

to update ods statistic, you can use tcode DB20,

put ods active table name /bic/a[odsname]00 or /bi0/a[odsname]00, then click button 'create statistics'-new page icon (ctrl+f2).

hope this helps.

Answers (0)