cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datasets in .Net equvalent in SAP PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am working on a SOAP to ABAP server Proxy scenario.My interface is working fine and I am getting the Response also .When I send my response to my end application which is an .Net application, it receives the recordset as an array,but the end application team expects it as an Datasets

What kind of data type in PI 7.1 is equivalent to Datasets in .Net Application.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Naveen.

Edited by: naveen perumal on Jul 27, 2009 10:14 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I realized that my end system can understand the recordset as Dataset, if I send the response XML without SOAP envelope. I need to pass the response XML structure without the SOAP envelope to my end application.

When I checked in SDN, I understand that there is an option in SOAP adapter for removing the SOAP envelope . The option is"Do not use SOAP envelope" in SOAP adapter. Can I use this option to remove the SOAP envelope from RESPONSE XML structure alone or do I need to do XSLT mapping also for acieving this?

Since my web service gives only the input values to my request XML structure, I don't find any issue in sending the request to XI. I think there is no need to remove the SOAP envelope from the request XML structure. Correct me If I am wrong.

Regards

|Naveen

Edited by: naveen perumal on Jul 28, 2009 10:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right dataset = recordset (or MessageType) in PI7.1.

You should use SOAP adapter property not xslt mapping (soap envelop is not part of actual message payload so mapping is not required).

Regards,

Gourav

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no way of using "Do not use soap envelop" option only in the response message. You may try this option right from the source message and you can get appropriate results.

But if you are thinking not to use this option, and still remove the soap header in response message, then you may go for XSL mapping at response side.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

I used this option " DO not Use SOAP envelope " in my sender SOAP adapter and also maintained the parameter "nosoap=true" in my URL by followwing the below URL format.

http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=p:s:c&nosoap=true

but I am getting an error in SXMB_MONI under Request Message Mapping

<SAP:Code area="MAPPING">CANNOT_READ_PAYLOAD</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:Stack>Unable to read payload from the message object</SAP:Stack>

I think I am missing something.

Regards

Naveen

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you try removing the nosoap attribute you added in URL and only using the "So not use soap envelop" option?

Still if it doesnt work, you will have to go for xsl option.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek ,

I am getting the same error. I think XSL is the best option to handle this issue. I will go through

www.w3schools.com for further information.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Regards

Naveen.