cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open specific page in a PDF file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I wonder it it's possible to link or set parameters so that the user ends up on the correct page in a PDF file. Lets say that I would like to link to chapter 3 in a large PDF file. Is this possible in the DMS?

I can't use TREX for indexing because that's not implemented.

Best Regards,

Kristoffer Pehrson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Instandard SAP DMS, u con't link like what u explained. fro that sap made an option. U could utiliz DIR key's 'PART' u can use as many as sheets of PDF as ur DIR.

One more thing i think u misunderstanding SAP DMS, it is a tool deals Thechnical document and is used in PLM area. in integrates SAP logistics.

Ucould use SAP Archive LIkn for this purpose. or u coud split PDF before link into DMS.

Benakaraj

??P

Edited by: benaka rajes on Jul 27, 2009 2:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm fully aware that DMS is a part of PLM and this is material specifications linked to a material. The problem is that the PDF can be 100 pages long and e.g. the data sheet can be on page 78. That's why I would like to link to that exact page. This is part of a migration project and we have over 8000 document in this document type. I't would be to much work to split the files and I think that the final solution will be to just migrate the whole file.

//Kristoffer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately not. You could try by using hidden text in the document but its probably going to involve a lot of coding. The only other way I see this as possible is if you split the PDF into chapters and then use sheets in SAP DMS to keep them together.