Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales return issue

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

For cross-month returns, should the stock amount in accounting document of material document capture current month's value? (see Test result 1 below)? Why?

Considering FI profit reports, the customer want that to capture the sales delivery month's value (see Test result 2). I only find Test result 2 can meet their requirement. But it should not exist in the real business. U know, period of material master records closes every month. Thus, actual GI date cannot be past month. Is the customer's request unreasonable? How to solve?

Example:

moving price of material A in material master = $10

stock value of material A in May = 100kg X $10/kg = $1000

stock amount in accounting document of material document after PGI (assuming one delivery in May) = 2kg X $10/kg = $20

change price of material A via MR21 in early June = from old price $10 to $20 per 1kg

Test results of creating sales return orders in June:

1. For actual GI date in June in returns delivery, the stock amount of material document = return qty 1kg X $20/kg = $20, i.e. value change in MR21 is $980

2. For actual GI date in May in returns delivery, the stock amount of material document = return qty 1kg X$10/kg = $10, value change in MR21 remains $980

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kkafoury1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

Please kindly consider using one of the original sales scenario documents (sales order or billing document) as reference

to the return document to copy the original pricing.

Best regards.

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Khaled,

Thanks for your kind attention. But, my key question is where should the amount in accounting document come? U know, after PGI, material document will generate. In this document, there's "amount" in the accounting document.

Any thoughts?