Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

I have already gone through the documentation while creating track.

but my query is what is the significance of namespace prefix in developement scenario?

Why we use namespace prefix ?

if there will be any issue if we will not use it ?

hope it clears my doubt.

thanks

Shobhan

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhan,

Namespace prefixes are primarily help in a development of applications in a large teams. using Namespace prefixes there is a guarantee that different teams will not use the same names for their respective applications.

Hopefully this link should give you a slightly better idea if you have not gone thru it.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/df/2761930dd9b74a85198f9e48850046/content.htm

Also not using the namespace prefixes will not affect your development in any way. However after a certain SP level defining a name server has become mandatory. I am not sure which is SP level is that.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SP 13 (as well as SP 15), I was not able to create a Development Component without using the Name Service to first reserve at least one namespace prefix for name category Development Component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Please take a look at note 855537 - it explains how to delete a "Workspace folder".

in NWDS

1)Sync the workspace folder

2)Start deleting files,then folders,then using command prompt delete workspace.

3)Inorder to delete workspacefolder open an IE, file open give the path of the workspacefolder,check the check box

Open as WebFolder.Here you can delete workspace folder.

Also, take a look at note 782995 - it describes a feature of DTR ("empty folders are not transported").

Regards,

RK