cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with message mapping

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am getting a Java Error when I try to open my message mapping:

u201CError while Executing Display/Edit: Parameter A Mapping tool has the invalid value nullu201D

u201CBaseException: Function model undefinedu201D

The error started when I copied a user defined function from another scenario without having added the UDF under Basic Objects.

I have done this now so my message mapping should "know" the user defined function, but never the less I am getting a Java Dump when I try to access it.

I cannot use the reject change functionality since I have 5 days of work in my change list - so please help. Tanks

From error log:

Root Exception ===================================================

====================================================================

Thrown:

com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.InvalidCallException: Parameter AMappingTool has the invalid value null

at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.fwutil.util.ToolUtil.getTool(ToolUtil.java:279)

at com.sap.aii.ibrep.gui.mapping.xitrafo.XiMappingView.convertUsedJars(XiMappingView.java:454)

at com.sap.aii.ibrep.gui.mapping.xitrafo.XiMappingView.restoreVisualState(XiMappingView.java:440)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.DocumentContainer.restoreVisualState(DocumentContainer.java:407)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.cmd.SetEditModeCommand.execute(SetEditModeCommand.java:73)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.ExecutionContext.execute(ExecutionContext.java:198)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.cmd.ToggleDisplayEditCommand.execute( ToggleDisplayEditCommand.java:67)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.ExecutionContext.execute(ExecutionContext.java:198)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.ExecutionContext.executeSafe(ExecutionContext.java:154)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.CommandAction.actionPerformed(CommandAction.java:82)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you copied only code of function if so you have to define parameters for this new function like in the original.

BR,

Dzmitry

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>The error started when I copied a user defined function from another scenario without having added the UDF under Basic Objects.

delete the mapping and copy it again - the old "windows shutdown and restart" procedure works in 99% of cases

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

0 Kudos

Thanks!

My problem is that I cannot delete the mapping, since I am not able to acces the message mapping. The error occurs when I try to open my message mapping.

I have copied the the user defined function as a function block from another message mapping. (Copy / insert).

I've done a reboot, already .

Please advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I understand here is that you are not able to reject changes to ur Message Mapping as you have 5 days of work in your change list,

then you can jus create a new change list and add you mapping to that change list and then give reject changes.

Regards,

Rahul.

0 Kudos

Thanks,

I am not shure I understand. Should I make a new changelist? (and how?).

Please could you give more detalis? Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

To create a new change list:

Go to Change List tab-> right click on ur SWC under your change List name-> Create New Change list with some name

Now you can drag n drop the object from your standart change list to this newly created change list.

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos

Thanks,

I'm with you so far

What should I do next?

Copy the changelist - Reject changes - do the mapping step that courses me problems - and then activate the changelist that I copied? .... could this work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you provide the code that u r using in ur UDF. Have you tested your UDF.

0 Kudos

OK - thanks

Sorry for this, but I need to be sure of this, since I risk loosing a lot of work here.

Should I copy or move the changelist?

As I see it, i need to have 2 changelists.

one that I could use to reject changes. (meaning that everything that I've done will be rejected).

a second one (a copy) that I could use to activate all of my work, when I have re-done the mappin step that causes me problems.

Is this correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No plz dont reject the changes now, sorry I wrongly interpreted the requriement.

Can you tell me whether you are able to edit your MM ??

0 Kudos

I am not. I cannot acces my message mapping.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to copy the message mapping in a new mm and then try to open it.

0 Kudos

already tried that. No luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to remove the lock on your object from the RWB Admin page and try to copy again.

0 Kudos

You say RWB administration page. Should the locks be found under "Lock and Cache Administration" ?

There are no locks In the "Lock overview" of the Repository Administration page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is strange. I am afraid then you might hav to create a new mapping.

0 Kudos

If so, this would be a MAJOR bug in SAP PI 7.1.

It should not be possible to loose 5 days of work like this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with basis people if java engine is working properly are not if possible ask them to restart it,

you wont loss the mapping go to history and switch to older version i think you save frequently then u will get some mapping.

B'rgrds,

sri

0 Kudos

Sounds good!

Where do I find "History" ?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi again,

Could someone please tell me were to find the "history overview" so I can switch to an older version of my message mapping?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Found it, but unfortunately it was "blank"

Any other ideas?

Thanks again