cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no inspection lot created and QI stock type does not appear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created a goods receipt with movement type 101 (i.e. with reference to a PO document), however, the system does not trigger an inspection lot even though this material has been extended to QM view in the material master with two standard SAP inspection type (i.e. 01 Goods Receipt Insp for PO, and 05 - Inspection for other goods receipt). Further this material has been maintained with QM procurement key activated, and the QM control key is 0007 (ie. Del release, and invoice block). I have created a Q-info record for this material as well.

In addition, I encountered another problem in which the Stock Type in the PO is indicated as u201CUnrestricted-Usedu201D stock type automatically even thought the two standard SAP inspection types has a default of u201CPost to Inspection Stocku201D which directly also appears in the material master as u201Cpost to inspection stocku201D.

Thus, my questions are:

1 u2013 why there is no inspection lot created when a goods receipt is taken place for this material with standard SAP inspectoin type setup in the master data? (FYI, I have keyed in the Container Lot in MIGO, and still doesnu2019t work).

2 u2013 why the stock type in PO and Goods receipt (MIGO) transaction is UU stock type, when the inspection type is clearly stated as u201CPost to Inspection Stocku201D as ticked in the material master?

Thanks

YY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

hi

pls check

whether corresponding inspection type 03, 04 is active or not in QM view of material master

1. r u facing the problem for all the material or particular material

revert it back

rgds

Magesh.V

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

The stock type in the delivery tab on PO was already indicated as u201CUUu201D stock type when this material is entered in the PO.

Hi Magesh,

I donu2019t think I need to assign the 03, and 04 inspection type to this material master right because it is not use in production but merely as an item procure from a vendor externally. Thus, 01 should serve the purpose.

Hi Gajesh/Sujesh,

Before this problem incurs, I actually has another material which has a customized inspection type of Z1 which is a copy version of 01. This Z1 is assign to the inspection lot origin of 01 which is entirely similar to the 01 inspection type in the system setup. Strange enough, when I created a PO for this material which is maintain ONLY of Z1 inspection type (i.e. no 01 inspection type in the QM material master setup). The stock type in the PO is well reflected as QA stock type and therefore, during goods receipt creation, the inspection lot is successfully triggered.

Unfortunately, I deleted this Z1 inspection type from the inspection setup in the material master and replace it with standard SAP 01 inspection type, the stock type has now become UU stock type in the POu2019s delivery tab, and the inspection lot is NOT created after a goods receipt is posted.

I wonder whether you all encountered this strange issue before?

Thanks

YY

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Shyamal,
The stock type in the delivery tab on PO was already indicated as u201CUUu201D stock type when this material is entered in the PO.

Boss it means when your PO was created there was no activation exist for the inspection type, hence the PO represented the stock type as UU = Unrestricted Use" and the same reflected in GR also.

Now at the time of GR if you set the Inspection type active in MM, it will not get reflected in GR and the stock will go in "UU'.

You can test the scenario in Testing server.

- Deactivate inspection type for a material or created a fresh material, (fresh material is preferable)

- Create a PO for the material. Check the stock type here.

- Now run the trx MIGO and set all the data and 'Check', there will be no inspection lot and no QI stock posting will be done there. Don't Save this GR and exit.

- Now Activate the Inspection type 01 in MM, and then again try to post GR, the result will not change, the stock will be posted to UR only (you can cross this under the "Where" tab in the line item detail for GR=MIGO, the field is "Stock type"

- Now you have the Inspection type activated correct? so change the settings manually at MIGO itself for "Stock type", change it to "QI" and you will have the lot.

Pls revert if you stuck somewhere.

Regards,

Shyamal

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yong

In the QM view , inspection setup for the inspection type what have you maintained in the inspection control

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Do you know the problem?

thanks

YY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey YY, Calm down sir!!!

See if every thing is well maintained with the masters then definitely some mischief has occurred during the GR. Check the settings in PO, in the line item details view under the Control tab the stock type must be Quality inspection type. If it is such so then the GR creater must have manually changed the setting at MIGO.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujesh,

1) Make sure that you have ticked Acitve for the inspection type in the material master.

>> Yes, both of the inspection types are checked on the Active checkbox

2 ) Make sure that inspection is active for 101 movement type

>> Yes, the 101 movement type is untick in the "QM not Active" checkbox (i.e. it means activated).

But, it still has the same problem?

Thanks,

YY

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yong

1) Make sure that you have ticked Acitve for the inspection type in the material master

2 ) Make sure that inspection is active for 101 movement type

SPRO > QM> Quality inspection > Inspection for goods movement > QM is active for 101

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

In my Q-info record, I maintained data on following fields:

Release Qty Active checkbox  Checked

Release Quantity  1000

Unit of Measure  KG

Order Quantity  1025 (FYI, after I had performed the goods receipt of 1025, this value appeared in this field)

All the Block field  I didnu2019t maintain anything (i.e. blank)

Existing QM system & Vendor QM system  blank

Inspection Control  Inspection Active, if vendor is not certified (FYI, this material does not maintain any certificate)

Certificate  Standard certificate receipt (print, PDF, or FAX)

Status  empty

Quality Agreement  empty.

In my material master, there are two inspection types created and both are actived, but PreferInsType checkbox are unchecked on both of them:

A u2013 01 (Goods Receipt Insp. for Purchase Order)

B u2013 05 (Inspection for other goods receipt)

Both of these inspection type have the following chekbox checked:

- Post to Insp Stock

- Insp. with Task List

I loged out the system, and relog in again and try to create a goods receipt, and yet the inspection lot still not there, further the stock type is still the UU stock type instead of QA stock type.

Thanks

YY.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you maintained "no Inspection " in Qinfo record inspection control??.

Also check Contol inLot in QM view of Inspection type:Is it for a purchase order or for each Material document.??

Have you maintained any QM system in Qinfo?

Please revert back

Regards

Sujit