cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

component SP level synchronization failure? "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I was developing a WebDynpro JAVA application with the business logic as EJB using an SP14 NWDS. And the server was SP18. An error was generated when I was calling the functions/method interfaced through the command bean I used as a model in my WedDynpro JAVA project.

On the error, it suggested that - my NWDS SP level's likely not synced with the server as to where the application runs.

If the exception message indicates, that the modified class is part of the Web Dynpro Runtime 
(package com.sap.tc.webdynpro.*) then the running Web Dynpro Runtime is of a version that is not compatible with the Web
 Dynpro Designtime (Developer Studio or Component Build Server) which has been used to build + compile the application.

So, I upgraded my NWDS from SP14 to SP18. Recompiled the EJB and redeployed it. Repaired, Rebuilt, Reloaded my WebDynpro project.. Sadly, that didn't fix the issue.

Was there something I missed out?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jan

Edited by: JMJ on Jul 27, 2009 9:16 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan

Try to delete the EJB model from the Webdynpro application and re-import it again. Maybe the reason of the error is in the old-generated model classes created by Webdynpro when you imported the EJB model.

BR, Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergei,

Thank you for the response!

I re-imported the model - but it didn't help. But what I found out is that, everytime I update anything in my EJB SessionBean say changing the return type from ArrayList to Collection - this error appears.

So, the reason must be some of the component imported by my WebDynpro application is not updated. The thing is, I don't know which since I've been repairing and rebuilding my WebDynpro application but with no help resolving the issue.

Any idea, how will I be able to keep every component updated?

Regards,

Jan

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>everytime I update anything in my EJB SessionBean say changing the return type from ArrayList to Collection - this error appears.

Sure. Webdynpro model is a set of generated Java classes with hardcoded metadata about your EJB. If you change EJB the model is not updated automatically. It shall be completely regenerated/re-imported each time the remote EJB interface is changed.

Also if you are familiar with the WD model implementation you can go manually through the model classes and insert the small update you made in EJB.

BR, Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I got this now, Sergei. Thank you very much.

Though the approach's pretty tasking - I've rebuild and re-import everything. But not only that - its more frustrating even when I have to do it twice over or even close and re-open my NWDS for the imports be totally 'refreshed.' I don't know how's that - probably a caching issue of the IDE but still...

anyways thank you for giving light on this matter!

Answers (0)