cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop DIA work process with PRIV mode in my program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I write Program that display in the end an alv report and when i display it after same time my dia wp get in PRIV mode

I search about it and I didn't find the solution but it happend only with my program this reject the memory parameter that cause the problem

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis

I think this not the problem because in the dev and the qa system it won't get in priv thanks

mode and the have the same value in the parameter ztta/roll_extension and the qa is the copy of the prod but 3 month old

Thanks,

menaahe.

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Menashe,

well .. as i understand from your post that you are only getting priv mode in PRD system...

Now priv mode can occur if ztta/roll_extension is reached or else system itself is not able to provide any extended memory. (that means your extended memory of the system is already fully utilized, so system assigned the heap memory - in such case check the utilization of extended memory in ST02. or ask your basis guy to check this out.

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>I think this not the problem because in the dev and the qa system it won't get in priv thanks

>mode and the have the same value in the parameter ztta/roll_extension and the qa is the copy of the prod but 3 month old

And these 3 months difference can perfectly explain why you have the problemn on production and not on QA.

Private modes are generated usually because of badly designed programs (including standard ones...).

ALV is not designed to display a huge amoiunt of data.

Beware also of internal tables : Abap programmer usually abuse internal tables thinking memory is an unlmimited ressource...

Just a few ideas.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer.

But i get the view of the alv and somehow the report don't release the memory and worst it increase it .

Regards,

Menashe.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It won't release the memory until you exit the transaction/close mode.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

Then why the memory increase?

Regards,

Menashe

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The process local memory (aka PRIV mode) is released when you exit the transaction and you see no more a PRIV in SM50/SM66.

Where do you see that memory is still increasing?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Tcode sm04 -> goto -> memory

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok

Does this also happen if you delete the mode?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you mean by saying "delete the mode"

Thanks

Menashe?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I mean if you delete the session (after your created a new one).

Markus

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

a work process goes to priv mode only if it requires more memory that can be assigned from extended memory. this is set as per parameter ztta/roll_extension.

so to avoid priv mode, check in your program if you can release the memory, or someway manage taking less memory.

Regards,

Debasis.