Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show a picture from Application server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me reframe my question i asked earlier in this post.

I want to show a picture which is stored in Application server in my report/dialog program/smartform.

How do i do that? I don't want to upload the photo using SE78 for Smartforms. Any ways of directly picking the photo from application server, and showing it in the report / dialog program? I have other data in the program too besides the photo. So actually the output is a combination of lots of text and one photo in a corner, like a CV.

Thanks in Adv.

7 REPLIES 7

abdul_hakim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for using your photo in smartforms you should upload it to the system using se78 otherwise you cannot use it in your forms...

Cheers,

Abdul Hakim

0 Kudos

Okay. Then let's count out smartforms.

Any way using containers ? HTML containers, i mean?

0 Kudos

hi u need to upload the foto into ur SAP system before using it in reports/module pools..........

0 Kudos

As i said before, it is already in SAP Application server.

So I should be able to pick it up from there and show it..

any clues?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What problem are you facing when you try getting the image of an employee thru smartforms?

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can certainly display a Picture on a dialog screen with the class CL_GUI_PICTURE using a custom control on the screen.

Read the following link on How to play with the custom picture controls on a screen.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCCIIMAGE/BCCIIMAGE.pdf

GOTO - OAOR (Business Document Navigator)

Give Class Name - PICTURES Class Type - OT..... then Execute

It will show you the list, then select ENJOYSAP_LOGO.

On that list, you will find one control with a "create" tab.

Click std. doc types.

Select SCREEN and double-click.

It will push FILE selection screen.

Select your company logo (.gif) and press OK.

It will ask for a description- for instance: "company logo".

It will let you know your doc has been stored successfully

To display picture like comapany logo on ALV list header see the standard SAP example program BALVST03_GRID. In place of the Standard SAp logo you can place yourown by creating one with the following steps.

Regards,

Nagaraju Chidurupalli

Message was edited by: Nagaraju Chidurupalli

Message was edited by: Nagaraju Chidurupalli

0 Kudos

Thanks Raj and Nagaraju.

Raj, I don't want to upload photo in SE78 for smartforms.

So that method is out of question. We have numerous photos, and uploading all again is a pain.

Nagaraju. I know about this class, but how to use it to upload photo from Application server. The doc seems to mention that we can give an FTP path too. But how? I am able to upload photos in BDS. But how to upload App server or Presentation server photos?

Also, I don't think Picture control will work in background.

Then what is the alternative?

thanks again.