Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

DSWP_CREATE_MSG dropdown list

Hi

Hopefully somebody may be able to help on an issue I am trying to resolve in the service desk functionality of our solution manager system.

The BSP DSWP_CREATE_MSG allows the creation of support calls via a web browser however the standard layout of the screen does not meet our particular requirements.

I would like to be able to change the component field so that it displays a pulldown list of a set of components that are specific to my company as opposed to the list of SAP components that are used as standard via a search list. I understand that a change has to be made to the MSG.html code in the BSP but I am not sure how to do this as I am not a Java/HTML programmer.

Could anyone out the offer any guidance as to how this can be done.

Many Thanks in advance

Mark

replied

Hi Mark,

You can try copying the application as Z application. As I could see it is a MVC based application. you need to make changes both in controller (.do) as well as in the view(.htm). You need to change the input field in the view as drop down list box <htmlb:dropdownListBox> element. then we need to populate your specific values in helpvalues.

Regards,

Ravikiran.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question