cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast consumption by dependent requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement here that independent planning would be done for the header components and some of the BOM components.

For Eg.

BOM of Matl A = 100 units

has

- Matl X = 100 units

- Matl y = 100 units

Now a total production of 1000 units of Matl A is forecasted

and a total of 1500 units of Matl X is forecasted

In a normal scenario....1000 Units of Matl X would come as dependent requirement from Matl A.

So there would be a total requirement of 1500 units (independent) and 1000 units (dependent ) = total demand of 2500 Units.

However they only want to produce 1500 units of Matl X

Please suggest a possible way to solve this scenario in APO

Thanks,

Nalin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nalin,

I need a clarification from you before suggesting to you a solution, is it that you need this to work for only this material X or you want this to be for all the dependent demands?

Accordingly the solution would defer.

Thanks,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nalin,

Altering your requirement strategy should solve your requirement. Please se what is default requirement strategy in your mat X.

Modify thus strategy in SPRO.

Next, please include dependent demand element in your category group. The default will be BM for sales order. Add AY for dependent demand.

Regards,

Bipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well the category type of EL- SNP: DepDmd type of dependent demand is being created once the heuristic run is executed in SNP planning.

This and the forecast together combine to form the "total demand" element. Based on the supply shortage quantity, in the heuristic run the planned order gets created to fulfill the supply shortage quantity.

What i require is that the planned orders to be created based on the "forecast - stock - confirmed production orders" and not including the dependent demand.

I tried creating a new strategy including the category type of EL , BM and AY and attached it to Material X. Still no success.

Please share your views

Regards,

Nalin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nalin,

I don't know why the option suggested by Bipin didn't work.

It is possible to make it work, but I am not really sure how...

Anyway there might be an easier option for you: if you don't want to plann with dependant demand at all you can potentially exclude it from the "total demand" key figure.

This way your projected stock will not be reduce by this demand, and SNP will not plan for it.

This option is not as nice as the original one but should work.

However you need to pay attention to consistencies with other planning process (deployment and TLb for example, and ATD)

Note also that you can either:

1. Create a smore ophisticated macro, who will exclude the dependant demand for some products only

2. create a specific planning book, that will be used only for this calculation.

Again best will be to get the consumption working... good luck

Thanks and Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nalin,

Just some additional questions:

Did you flag the "assembly planning" in the product master?

In the requirement strategy, which Assignment mode did you select? I think you will need "assign customer requirement to planning wihthout assembly".

You also need to change the PIR segment to either "Planning without final assembly, with individual requirements" or "Planning without final assembly, without individual requirements"

Please let me know how it goes!

Julien