cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

When ever a project has two different status suppose the system status is closed and user status is REL status what is the impact whether can we post the business transaction for that particluar project.

My next question is if a project is closed can is there any way we can open and post the business transactions. The only i find is again bring it in TECO. But is this possible when we once keep a status for the Project as CLOSED.

Many Thanks.

Regards,

Raghavendra.M

SAP-Practice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

System Statuses are those which are pre-defined in the system. User statuses are those which we define in customising or configuration.

TECO Status - It does not allow any planning activities. But permits account assignment of costs and revenues.

CLSD Status - This status prohibits all planning activities and also posting of actual costs. We can reset this status and bring back to TECO status.

Thanks,

Kabir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

when ever a project has two different status suppose the system status is closed and user status is REL status what is the impact whether can we post the business transaction for that particular project. 

In the above case, the answer is NO. since the system status is LSD (closed), the system doesn't allow any transactions to that particular BS element or project, the you might allowed all transactions to the User status RIEL.

My next question is if a project is closed can is there any way we can open and post the business transactions. The only i find is again bring it in ECO. But is this possible when we once keep a status for the Project as CLOSED. 

The answer to this is YES. You can revoke the closed status of a project or WBS element by selecting that line item in and choosing the menu option Edit - Status - Cancel Close.

Once you done the above, the system status will get back to TECO. But if the user status doesnt allow the posting, even though you revoked the system status from Close, then also the postings cannot be possible. Revoke of the user status depends on the customization of the user status profile. For understanding, the allowed business transactions at various system and user status levels select the respective WBS element and click on the status button i button. There you can find a tab Business Process, here you can know, what are the business transactions allowed in the availalbe status of the respective WBS elements. The options available in Green color are allowed transactions, the options in Red color are restricted transactions.

Regards,

Praveen.